Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

Realair Turbine Duke - keep losing right engine!

Still same problem.

3213828 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66516 (0x000103d4), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FUEL_SELECTOR_2_OFF

Right engine blows at about 1000 feet.

Yes I have fuel. No there are no commands or keys tied. I am literally sitting on my hands when it blows.

Power is well below minimums. I've reset configuration to Realistic and very low random.

I've watched fuel switches and they don't move.

I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft.

Any other suggestions how to identify cause of this command? (Please)

Edited by Dean33

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I don't think that this is the same problem, but the TD has previously been reported to also spontaneously lose flight control for no apparent reason. The supposed cause was starting a flight with a previously saved non-default scenario. Doing so may overwrite one or more of the initial values of the aircraft's internal variables.

As a test of your problem, try starting P3d with the default sim scenario and then change the aircraft to the TD.

I'm getting the same problem with the right engine constantly failing without warning. I thought it was me but clearly there is something else going on. I've tried it with an ROC of no more than 700fpm and throttle and rpm well below redlines. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the updated installer and I have failure switched off yet still it happens.

Not looked into any possible joystick issues and I'm working now until Monday but any advice from the assembled masses on here would be welcome.

"As a test of your problem, try starting P3d with the default sim scenario and then change the aircraft to the TD."

Thanks Jay, I'll try that just as soon as work gets out of the way :angry:

Edited by BrianT

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I'm delighted to say I have found a temporary way around this!

1     Start default P3DV4 flight (Raptor at Eglin). 

2     Change aircraft then change location to desired departure point.

Just completed 70 minute flight without problem.

Edited by Dean33
  • Upvote 1

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Yeah, if one starts with a saved scenario, especially one that has been modified by flying the Duke to different airports and saved several times, the initialzation process of key TD variables becomes corrupted.

Unfortunately, the RealAir TD is "out of production" and unless some XML expert can track down the conflict between the P3d scenario file format and the TD gauge coding, this issue is going to persist. I've tried to do so, but so far with no success.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dean33 said:

1     Start default P3DV4 flight (Raptor at Eglin). 

2     Change aircraft then change location to desired departure point.

That's what I always do with every flight any aircraft with the exception of PMDG. My default start scenario has all systems off. I load desired aircraft and then departure location.

Yeah I always start with a built-in P3D plane at teh airport and spot I want to fly from, then switch to the plane I want to fly after the scenario loads.  A2A recommends that too.

I’m learning that but I currently believe there is an advantage to actually loading the default Raptor/Eglin flight rather than loading up the Raptor at designed location. 

I may be wrong but having spent 24 hrs frustrated with this problem this is my conclusion.

Load the default Raptor at Eglin. Then load an existing flight plan that has the desired departure airport. Then answer yes to the  "Move the aircraft ..." question. Flight plan files do not preserve the aircraft state.

I've found that it also works if you load the default scenario, change the aircraft to the TD and save that scenario (still at Eglin) as the new default scenario. Then  just use the flight plan approach described above. 

Well 'm having no luck at all here I loading the default Raptor/Elgin and then switching to the TD and now the left engine blows complete with oil and smoke stain on start up even though I've got failures turned off in the TD config panel. I give up :angry:

edit....So after a restart of P3d and the loading the default raptor/Elgin and then switching to the TD I am now flying again.a bit too much faffing around if I'm honest but what the hell it's working again yay! thanks for all the tips and advice one and all.

Edited by BrianT

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I used to fly a leg from one airport to next then save that scenario. The next time that I flew the TD I would open the saved scenario and fly a different leg. And so on and so on, saving as I went.

For some reason doing that now with a "multigenerational" scenario, the aircraft loses all rudder and aileron control after about 10 minutes into the second saved scenario. That causes the aircraft to go into an uncontrollable dive.