Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Looking for a corporate jet in P3Dv4. Suggestions.

The Lear was a little skittish on landings for me when I first got it, but now that I have gotten used to it I make smooth landings and have no problems at all flying it, as long as I keep the speed within limits. I have not found any bugs with it. Keep in mind that the real Lear 25 was more like a Corvette vs. the C550 more being more like a mid level Lexus. The Lear 25 design was taken from a Swiss fighter jet. It is a little hot rod and you have to pay attention to it when you fly it. I think its great.

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

13 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

The Lear was a little skittish on landings for me when I first got it, but now that I have gotten used to it I make smooth landings and have no problems at all flying it, as long as I keep the speed within limits. I have not found any bugs with it. Keep in mind that the real Lear 25 was more like a Corvette vs. the C550 more being more like a mid level Lexus. The Lear 25 design was taken from a Swiss fighter jet. It is a little hot rod and you have to pay attention to it when you fly it. I think its great.

Ted 

Loved the comparison Ted.  I would take the Corvette any day.  I think I am up to the challenge.  Thanks for posting.    I think I see a classic Corvette in my future.

I've really liked Eaglesoft Citation 2 and Citation X in the past. Looking forward to when Eaglesoft has something for P3dV4.

Dave

I still fly the Citation X a lot in P3Dv3. I'm also looking forward to a P3Dv4 update of this one.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I've really liked Eaglesoft Citation 2 and Citation X in the past. Looking forward to when Eaglesoft has something for P3dV4.

Main reason why I'm still on v3. Might upgrade when the XLS is available for v4, but still can't find anything I prefer than the CX...

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

An update and a couple of questions for LJ 25 jockeys.   I love the plane.  Been flying it a lot.  I continue to get the annunciator flash for "cabin alt" even though I have followed all the procedures which is basically dial in the flight altitude.  Occasionally I get the annoying alert for the same.  Does anyone have an idea what would cause that?

Secondly....how the heck do you take off in this and keep it lined up on the runway.  It seems to be so sensitive that I sometimes look like a DUI going down the runway.  Does locking the steering work on takeoff?   

I haven't purchased the GTN750 but I am getting close to pulling the trigger on that as well.  Suddenly all my small ORBX airports are becoming used again.  

56 minutes ago, kenthom said:

An update and a couple of questions for LJ 25 jockeys.   I love the plane.  Been flying it a lot.  I continue to get the annunciator flash for "cabin alt" even though I have followed all the procedures which is basically dial in the flight altitude.  Occasionally I get the annoying alert for the same.  Does anyone have an idea what would cause that?

Secondly....how the heck do you take off in this and keep it lined up on the runway.  It seems to be so sensitive that I sometimes look like a DUI going down the runway.  Does locking the steering work on takeoff?   

I haven't purchased the GTN750 but I am getting close to pulling the trigger on that as well.  Suddenly all my small ORBX airports are becoming used again.  

There are a couple of switches you need to hit near the cabin alt selector, BLEED AIR must be normal, and the one the other side (can't see what it is in the manual and I'm not at my machine) I set to Auto. Don't think I've ever set cruise altitude and haven't had the alert.

Can't comment too much on it wondering around on takeoff, since I've recently switched to pedals from joystick twist I'm lucky to keep it on the runway! Have found the more power to weight the harder they are to keep straight, Lionheart Lear 24b is much harder.... 

GTN  is well worth it, so much to it, and pretty intuitive....

G

Edited by Gazzareth
Add stuff

28 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

There are a couple of switches you need to hit near the cabin alt selector, BLEED AIR must be normal, and the one the other side (can't see what it is in the manual and I'm not at my machine) I set to Auto. Don't think I've ever set cruise altitude and haven't had the alert.

Can't comment too much on it wondering around on takeoff, since I've recently switched to pedals from joystick twist I'm lucky to keep it on the runway! Have found the more power to weight the harder they are to keep straight, Lionheart Lear 24b is much harder.... 

GTN  is well worth it, so much to it, and pretty intuitive....

G

I have the cabin selector set correctly then.  "more power to weight" sounds interesting.  That may explain why sometimes it is pretty easy and other times more difficult.  I may be putting too much fuel in.  Since I am not paying for it...fill her up!   I have used Saitek yoke and rudder for years.  I will certainly monitor the weight situation and see if that makes a difference.  

I have been flying Direct to location  just get used to the plane.  I am thinking the GTN will be one of my next purchases.  Sure enjoy this plane.  I appreciate you and others that pointed me towards it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kenthom said:

I have the cabin selector set correctly then.  "more power to weight" sounds interesting.  That may explain why sometimes it is pretty easy and other times more difficult.  I may be putting too much fuel in.  Since I am not paying for it...fill her up!   I have used Saitek yoke and rudder for years.  I will certainly monitor the weight situation and see if that makes a difference.  

I have been flying Direct to location  just get used to the plane.  I am thinking the GTN will be one of my next purchases.  Sure enjoy this plane.  I appreciate you and others that pointed me towards it.  

I am in the habit of going the other way and just putting in what I think I can get away with. That said climb performance on this and the 24b is great, so not a problem getting to cruise. Normally I take the 25 up at 4000fpm and the 24b at about 6000fpm - the Cessna's I only go up at 2000fpm and that drops right down as I get higher, so I only load them lightly.

G

I read most of the manual this evening and learned a few tricks and minor things I had spotted.  I did some experimenting with the weights and trim to stabilize the takeoff steering control.  Nothing really changed.  It just seems that it really wants to pull to the left.  

On 4/1/2018 at 2:11 PM, Gazzareth said:

Main reason why I'm still on v3. Might upgrade when the XLS is available for v4, but still can't find anything I prefer than the CX...

G

Have you seen their updated pics of the WIP CX livery on facebook?  Drooooool!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Have you seen their updated pics of the WIP CX livery on facebook?  Drooooool!

Yes, the XLS looks amazing as well. Waiting is taking it's toll....

G

Yeah it's too bad they're targeting FSX first.  I suppose it's still the most popular sim (not including hardcore users... just overall) and I imagine the P3D v4 version of the XLS will be a while.  And the C750 will be a long while.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah it's too bad they're targeting FSX first.  I suppose it's still the most popular sim (not including hardcore users... just overall) and I imagine the P3D v4 version of the XLS will be a while.  And the C750 will be a long while.

Not just FSX, 32 bit - so p3d v3 as well - although Ozzy Hattermann (I believe he's now one of the devs with Eaglesoft) did say on Facebook that the v4 version would be along sooner rather than later after the 32 bit version - so fingers crossed.

Wonder if we'll see the XLS+ before Milviz's Lear tbh .. ..

G