Sign in to follow this  
larrystein

G1000 Holds?

Hello everyone,

I've recently become interested in the Mindstar G1000. All of the functionality and how it compares to its real world counterpart is astounding. But, before I pulled the trigger I just wanted to know:

1. Is the G1000 able to perform user defined unpublished holds as in the Real World G1000 and Cirrus Perspective System?

2. Is the G1000 actively being updated to the versions Garmin makes every now and again?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Stunning Work!

Joshua O'Reilly

I do not know if it supports user defined holds or not, I will have to investigate and get back to you.

While we do update the software, we do not chase Garmin versions... that's like trying to keep up with the Joneses.  Since absolutely every G1000 that is airframe specific has more than one version for just that airframe... the overhead of trying to update each and every one of them across the spectrum would be monumental.

We always have things we're working on with our G1000 as well as our 430/530 products, so it's always possible something you're looking for might show up if it's not already implemented.  

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have reviewed G1000 documentation and it appears user-defined holds are a newer feature than our current version.  This has been forwarded to our development team for further review.  We now have issue with the slippery slope of "in my aircraft..." and we must carefully explore the possible impacts at flights schools that utilize our G1000 and yet may not have this new of a firmware version in the aircraft they're training people to fly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69