Sign in to follow this  
FlyingLimey

Phenom 300 G1000/ILS problems

I am trying to fly an ILS on the Phenom 300 (latest version, with Nav extension and latest Navigraph) on FSX Gold Edition.

Even though I can load and activate an approach, the FMS never sequences to capture the LOC or GS. Normally if you are receiving vectors, the PFD shows HDG in green with LOC in white and GS in white. But as the LOC is captured the LOC and GS should turn green. They never do so the FD never commands lateral or vertical navigation. What am I doing wrong?

Also the GCU has Softkey Select at the bottom, with SEL in the middle and arrows on either side. This cannot be clicked at all. Is this a known bug or again, am I doing something wrong?

Just for the record, I am a pilot, IFR rated, but never flown jets so while I have no experience in this airplane, I am familiar with real life G1000s. But I am not an expert in FSX.

Any help appreciated.

Hi FlyingLimey.

LOC and GS does not turn to green.

Did you set the ILS frequency and the runway course correctly in the PFD? Did you change using CDI from GPS or HDG to OBS?

GCU SEL and arrows are not selectable.

Regards. Cees

Cees van der Linden

Yes, I did.

I've given up on it now. I regret spending the money on it. The simulation of the G1000 appears to be absolutely dreadful. It's strange since Mindstar seems to do a good implementation of the G1000. I'm surprised Carenado don't just take their simulation and use it.

Make sure the ILS frequency you enter in the G1000 matches the frequency provided by the simulator, not by the database that came with the aircraft.  Many of the ILS frequencies that come with FSX and P3D are out of date and don't match the Navigraph database that comes with the aircraft G1000.

Dave Symanow

Have the same problem with the Phenom 100, except in my case the AP actually captures the localizer and glide slope and tracks it, but the indicators on the PFD never change from white to green.  Did this problem ever get solved?

FlyingLimey. Why don’t you get Berts GTN750 mod for this aircraft - assuming you have the GTN. It might not be realistic to have a 750 stuck in the middle of the G1000 but it makes another incomplete Carrenado aircraft pretty flyable!

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I've never not had it capture the ils so i guess it's a matter of using the correct procedure. As a pilot an am sure the OP is following the correct procedure as he knows it from other G1000 aircraft but perhaps not for this aircraft. After all, it's a simulation and not a real life replica.

I am probably teaching the OP to suck eggs, also i am not a pilot, but here goes anyway....

Make sure that the ils freq is dialled into Nav1 and make it active.Once in range it should show the ident of the localiser on the pfd. (You can check that you have the right frequency in the fsx map view by hovering your mouse over the ils beam)

On the PFD make sure the gauge above the cdi soft button is showing VOR1. (Once in range this will show ils1) Set the course knob to runway heading.

Approach the ils heading at about 30 degrees.

Works for me every time (as long as i have the correct FSX ils freq)

Regards

Stinger

Edited by stinger2k2
Incorrect

2 hours ago, stinger2k2 said:

I've never not had it capture the ils so i guess it's a matter of using the correct procedure. As a pilot an am sure the OP is following the correct procedure as he knows it from other G1000 aircraft but perhaps not for this aircraft. After all, it's a simulation and not a real life replica.

I am probably teaching the OP to suck eggs, also i am not a pilot, but here goes anyway....

Make sure that the ils freq is dialled into Nav1 and make it active.Once in range it should show the ident of the localiser on the pfd. (You can check that you have the right frequency in the fsx map view by hovering your mouse over the ils beam)

On the PFD make sure the gauge above the cdi soft button is showing VOR1. (Once in range this will show ils1) Set the course knob to runway heading.

Approach the ils heading at about 30 degrees.

Works for me every time (as long as i have the correct FSX ils freq)

Regards

Stinger

Mmm, i have just flown into the Gatwick 8R ils and noticed that although it captured the ils just fine the LOC and GS indicators stayed white and hadn't turned to green. Never noticed that before, was that what the OP was querying?

Cheers

Stinger