Sign in to follow this  
donkey20048

777 Upper EICAS

hi all

returning from a long break and have the chance to start simming again

i feel like a total noob and apologies if this is an obvious answer. How do i get it to  display more engine info on the uper eicas? ive seen some videos on youtube where the 777 has more engine data etc on the main eicas upper section

thanks for help and hope that makes sense

Stewart Cumbers

Hi Stewart,

on the 777 you can see N1 and EGT as well as the Fuel Qty on the upper EICAS as a standard and get notifications, gear and flaps indication there. Everything else like N2, Fuel Flow, Oil and vibration values are shown on the lower EICAS as long as you display them via the EICAS control panel.

Are you sure you have seen the 777? The 737 can show everything required on the upper EICAS pressing ENG repeatingly..

Edited by Ephedrin

There is a compressed format for the 777 which shows more engine parameters on one screen. Somewhere in this forum is a thread describing how to show it.

I have to ask why bother?  Boeing’s design philosophy is to display what you need to see. EICAS does all the parameter monitoring for the crew and only displays additional info if something is out of limits. If all engine parameters are good then they aren’t displayed. Having additional parameters displayed when you don’t need them just clutters the screen. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

2 hours ago, donkey20048 said:

hi all

returning from a long break and have the chance to start simming again

i feel like a total noob and apologies if this is an obvious answer. How do i get it to  display more engine info on the uper eicas? ive seen some videos on youtube where the 777 has more engine data etc on the main eicas upper section

thanks for help and hope that makes sense

Make sure the lower EICAS does not show the engine info. Put the inboard display switch to EICAS so that the EICAS display is shown on captain ND screen. Select also L INBD on the Glare. Press ENG and you should have the compact engine display shown. Put the Inboard display switch back to MFD and select LWR CTR on the Glare.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, kevinh said:

There is a compressed format for the 777 which shows more engine parameters on one screen. Somewhere in this forum is a thread describing how to show it.

I have to ask why bother?  Boeing’s design philosophy is to display what you need to see. EICAS does all the parameter monitoring for the crew and only displays additional info if something is out of limits. If all engine parameters are good then they aren’t displayed. Having additional parameters displayed when you don’t need them just clutters the screen. 

Some companies has a SOP to display the compressed display. Aerologic is one that comes in my mind

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Some companies has a SOP to display the compressed display. Aerologic is one that comes in my mind

Interesting. What is the reason?

ki9cAAb.jpg

On 31.3.2018 at 8:18 PM, kevinh said:

Interesting. What is the reason?

Paranoia

• Like 1

apologies for not replying sooner been busy at work

Yes i fly for Aerologic and saw on their videos they utilise this option

Thanks Chris for explaining how to do this feature appreciate it

Stewart Cumbers