Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Importing Taxiways and Gates

How to import Taxiways and Gates if P2A installed on a network PC?

P3Dv4.2 wiht Lorby's AddonOrganizer installed, MakeRunways.exe is done

Thanks,

Ok, I've figured it out: copy t5.csv, r5csv, g5.csv to the PC where P2A is installed, and show the path in corresponding P2A's UI window.

6 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Ok, I've figured it out: copy t5.csv, r5csv, g5.csv to the PC where P2A is installed, and show the path in corresponding P2A's UI window.

Since you've figured it out, maybe you can help me please?

Which IS the "corresponding P2A's UI window for the path?  In "Config" there are paths for different things in the Flt Plan and Wx tabs. But no tabs seem to provide any path relating to the AIRAC and airport data files.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Since you've figured it out, maybe you can help me please?

Which IS the "corresponding P2A's UI window for the path?  In "Config" there are paths for different things in the Flt Plan and Wx tabs. But no tabs seem to provide any path relating to the AIRAC and airport data files.

Pete

I've just seen this, Pete, gimme a minute if you're not asleep yet.

So, first you push Taxi Mnt (by MNT Dave meant management lol, not Mgmt or Mgt at least ) button that is on the right side of P2A frame. In the ICAO window in the top left corner enter EGLL and hit Enter key on the keyboard. Look to the right of EGLL and you'll see 4 tabs, click Import Scenery one. In Import Sourse Select the first one and enter the path to the copies of  t5.csv, r5csv, g5.csv files that you placed somewhere on the same PC where P2A is installed. Then click one of the Import buttons below. Watch the %Done. Play with the 4 buttons and see how they work.

Cheers,

Edited by Dirk98

10 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Pete, gimme a minute if you're not asleep yet.

Sorry, Dave. I'm getting old -- bedtime gets earlier. I used to work till 2-3am reguarly. no more! ;-)

I'm about to download the latest AIRAC, released a couple of days ago. That's why it came to mind.  I realise the AIRAC installer probably knows where things go, but I think I'll need to re-read the manual to see where MakeRunways or BGL scanned data comes in. (And, yes, I did actually read it once -- when I was deciding whether P2Atc was going to be for me or not).

So, first you push Taxi Mnt (by MNT Dave meant management lol, not Mgmt or Mgt at least ) button that is on the right side of P2A frame. In the ICAO window in the top left corner enter EGLL and hit Enter key on the keyboard. Look to the right of EGLL and you'll see 4 tabs, click Import Scenery one. In Import Sourse Select the first one and enter the path to the copies of  t5.csv, r5csv, g5.csv files that you placed somewhere on the same PC where P2A is installed. Then click one of the Import buttons below. Watch the %Done. Play with the 4 buttons and see how they work.

I'd never have thought of looking there. Does this mean it needs doing individually, for each airport? I really hope not! That's a right palavah to go through each time I update any scenery!

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'd never have thought of looking there. Does this mean it needs doing individually, for each airport? I really hope not! That's a right palavah to go through each time I update any scenery!

Pete

It is suggested in the manual to take special care of the airports you are going to modify, but I see nothing too serious either way, doesn't really take long if you do it on the individual basis, otherwise just make the necessary backups as suggested in the manual and modify them all in one pass.

"BACKUP your P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ABaseData_log.ldf" p.126

So, first you push Taxi Mnt (by MNT Dave meant management lol, not Mgmt or Mgt at least ) button

Silly me! By Mnt Dave meant Mainenance lol!! Sorry, Dave.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

35 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

It is suggested in the manual to take special care of the airports you are going to modify, but I see nothing too serious either way, doesn't really take long if you do it on the individual basis, otherwise just make the necessary backups as suggested in the manual. 

Now I AM confused. I don't want to "modify" any airports! I just need P2A to know about the Taxiways, Gates, Hold Points, Precise runway positions and so on for ALL my airports (well all the ones I am likely to visit -- all in greater Europe suitable for a 737).

All other programs I've ever used which need ths information either scan all the BGLs themselves, or use the MakeRunways results directly. ProATC/X and Radar Contact use MakeRunways, FS-Flightcontrol does its own scan, as does ProSim.

Please clarify this issue. it is almost a make or break for me.

LATER:

Resolved, I think ... see later post.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Now I AM confused. I don't want to "modify" any airports! I just need P2A to know about the Taxiways, Gates, Hold Points, Precise runway positions and so on for ALL my airports (well all the ones I am likely to visit -- all in greater Europe suitable for a 737).

All other programs I've ever used which need ths information either scan all the BGLs themselves, or use the MakeRunways results directly. ProATC/X and Radar Contact use MakeRunways, FS-Flightcontrol does its own scan, as does ProSim.

Please clarify this issue. it is almost a make or break for me.

Pete

Wrong usage of words on my side, Pete! It's just P2A will see some of them as modified, if you have add-on airports in makerunways.exe's files. That's all no worries!!

Edited by Dirk98

P2A I understand doesn't even read bgl files.

18 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Wrong usage of words on my side, Pete! It's just P2A will see some of them as modified, if you have add-on airports in makerunways.exe's files. That's all no worries!!

So, you choose one airport, select "Import Scenery", and it reads them all? Not just that one?

I'll have to go and have a look, as that seems very unintuitive to me, not like the rest of the program.

Ah .. just found the section in the manual "Inporting Airport Taxiways and Gates". Reading it now ...

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

11 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

In Import Sourse Select the first one and enter the path to the copies of  t5.csv, r5csv, g5.csv files that you placed somewhere on the same PC where P2A is installed. Then click one of the Import buttons below. Watch the %Done.

This part does imply it does more than just the selected airport -- else why have a "%Done"? Those three files give in Taxiways, Runways and Gates, which is what I would expect.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Pete, you need to refresh Taxiway Maintenance Chapter.

On page 126 you'll see there a reference to a certain Pete Dowson developer and his MakeRwys tool. Go through what is written below him.

Thanks,

Edited by Dirk98

11 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

P2A I understand doesn't even read bgl files.

That's not needed if it uses MakeRunways instead.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

That's not needed if it uses MakeRunways instead.

Pete

Correct, it's either reading MakeRunways or Scenery.cfg.

Dirk