Sign in to follow this  
p3dnerd

P3D v4.2 Stops When Using Active Sky And Precipitation Is Present

I did some more testing with the MV 310R Redux, using dynamic weather and Active Sky. Here's a Milviz post I found several days ago that solved one of the CTD with rain.

"...can you confirm you do not have a MV_WX.dll in the main gauges folder? LM changed the folder priority for gauge loading from the panel to the gauges folder. Since REX hasn't released the full WX for v4.2 yet, chances are if you have it, it is trying to load the v4.1 WX instead. If you rename the MV_WX.dll in your gauges folder, it should start working..."

Anyway, I just flew the MV 310R Redux (latest release) and had  no CTD in changing weather. Here are some screenshots:

heading_for_the_red.jpg

In_the_Red.jpg

In_the_Red_2.jpg

In_the_Red_3.jpg

I had purchased the REX version of the weather gauge and it is not yet compatible for P3DV4.2. Disabling it (adding .off to the extension) solved one of my CTD problems in RAIN. So far, so good.

• Upvote 2

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

very cool.....I'll look into that with my setup and see what happens.

I'll let you know.  Thanks for the information it's really helpful.

Want to thank flyblueskies for the information posted about the fix for the WX related CTD experienced with the new MV 310R Redux.

I set the MV_WX.dll to OFF in the gauges folder in the P3d v4.2 directory.

I can now confirm that just like flyblueskies....I was able to fly from KBOS to KTEB today with real world weather through AS/ASCA and did not have any issues or CTD.  In fact, the precipitation (namely, moderate rain) worked perfectly with the TRUEGLASS feature of the MV 310R.  I'm glad I can fly this aircraft through changing weather without any issues!!!  Thanks again flyblueskies for the great information that you passed on.

Glad to know it worked for you and appreciate the feedback!

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I am pretty sure this CTD is triggered when there is a change of intensity of either rain or snow during the sim session. If you get steady, non changing intensity rain or snow it will not trigger.

Eric 

True, but there is also another reason for it...an outdated MV_WX.DLL, which REX acknowledges. They do have another in beta, just not released yet.

Both p3nerd and I were experiencing way too many CTD specifically with Milviz 310R Redux, even though they had the latest MV_WX.DLL. As it turns out, Milviz found the problem as noted in my earlier post.

Applying the fix, both p3nerd and I had successful flights with the 310R Redux in bad weather.

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Upvote 1