Sign in to follow this  
toast30

PMDG checkout cart empty

After logging in and after adding the 777 for FSX to the cart and trying to checkout I get a "cart empty" message. Tried this with Firefox 45 ESR and the latest Google Chrome all on Windows XP 32-bit. Cache, cookies all set to on and have tried multiple times but still get the "cart empty" message.

Might be a blessing, because PMDG website list of system requirements for FSX version of 777-200 says "Windows 7 64-bit (older OSes such as Windows XP may work, but we cannot guarantee compatibility or support)"  . So you may have saved yourself a situation.

Edited by Bob Marton
added context

I'm planning on using the 777 with Windows 7 64-bit but I haven't got the OS yet. Buying the 777 now would allow me to test it out on my current rig before moving to my new rig.

I also have a feeling that it might be Windows XP 32-bit and the web browser communicating with the site in an incompatible way.

Currently downloading a Linux 64-bit live cd with a web browser to see if that makes a difference.

Good to hear. Also if you search back in the forum, I seem to recall someone had a similar issue earlier this week. They were able to resolve it then, so maybe do a search for PMDG cart or similar phrasing

Thanks I used the search function and found some recent stuff on the "cart empty" issue.

Also I did clear the browser cache multiple times and that didn't do anything but I did solve the problem!

I tried this in both Windows XP 32-bit as well as Linux and the same problem would occur where I'd get a "cart empty" message. What I did was logout and add the 777 to the cart as a guest and then press "checkout" and then I was taken to a page where I could checkout with PayPal which worked! I was taken to another page which had me enter in a password to create an account and then I was given the download link.

Basically I checked out as a guest but was then given an account where I could download the 777.

Thanks everyone!

I am happy for you. I hope to see you flying out there, when Im up flying one of these days.

38 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

I am happy for you. I hope to see you flying out there, when Im up flying one of these days.

Thanks!