Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Black screen, but am able to exit FSX?

I left for a bit and came back, originally to a white screen. I pressed the esc,key  and that brought up the normal menu for that button. When I clicked continue flight the white screen became black.  What was this?

Has the display gone back to normal? I had a weird thing happen to me, my wife bought me a new wide screen monitor for Christmas, 2016. When I got the monitor, it came with a cable that had a connection my computer would not accept!  Didn't know what I was going to do, but then realized the new monitor and my computer  had options for HDMI. I looked around my stash and found a previously used HDMI, hooked it up and all was good until just after this past Christmas holiday, and then my monitor screen started acting strangely. When the screen went black, I thought the worst had come, the hardrive must be going bad? I forced a shut down, rebooted, screen and computer came up, but after a few minutes, screen went black again. Bottom line, it was not the hardrive at all, it was the old HDMI cable I installed temporarily, which went another year, computer to monitor. God only know how long it went before that? I was relieved it was as simple as a cable, and not the hardrive. You might get lucky too? Anyway, I wish you luck! - Rick

Yeah it came back. After I restarted. Next time I'm going to try and view the map and see what happens. 

Edited by Dragonmount