Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

What happened to the pro-con reviews?

I agree with the original post, that is why I dont use reviews in weighing my decision to buy a FS add-on. Rather I goto the forums and read what others are saying. Would you read the New York Times movie reviews section, if the critics only praised every movie? That's how I feel, so I chhose not to read them. I am not bashing any reviewer on this forum, for I know that he/she has dedicated his free time to write a review. Food for thought: Of the three American Idol judges, why has Simon gained so much popularity and commerical endorsements?

Guest 767simfan2

Mark,I think we're talking about a general view of recent reviews. Not just regarding a single review as you suggest. (BTW, I'm not even remotely interested in anything having to do with LDS products.) Maybe if you bring up some other reviews we can talk about them.But overall, it's a general "feeling," that is staring a hover in the local area. That's all.Gary Hawk

Guest 767simfan2

Ken,Relax a little. No need to beat your chest here. I don't think anyone is questioning your deletion or mod powers. If anything, I was trying to be very supportive of Avsim and the staff moderators.I stand by what I said in that post. Free speech vs free enterprise. And here, the only free speech is that allowed by the moderators. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.And certainly nothing to get upset about.Gary Hawk

Guest wildfire563

I agree with the original post. However, I still use reviews to the extent that I take them with a grain of salt, and often, they give a different picture of the features of the product. To this extent they are useful to me.Thomas

Guest Ken_Salter

"However, I do agree with Bid Al regarding the lack of depth in the reviews here. . .especially of recent. That combined with some needless censorship. . .just today a string on censorship here was, itself, censored. . .and I'm starting to question what affect that selling commercial products on the Avsim website is having around here."Nothing to get upset about?

Guest davidvoogd

What about setting up a user review section? Something like what they have at Simmarket where you can rate it from 1 - 5 stars and do a short writeup. As long as people are truthful and objective it can be a great addition to the full length reviews.One thing to keep in mind is that people tend to review products they like - I feel the most important thing is for someone to state their likes and dislikes in a review so I can see where they are coming from. For example for myself a 2D panel is the most important part of any addon plane, so if I review a product I can't give a full evaluation of the virtual cockpit - as I never use them.In the end Avsim did ask for more people to write reviews - if you don't like them - try writing one yourself. I mean this in a constructive sense. The more reviews we have the more angles we see a product from.

Hi all,If you suspect a review is not up to par with what you are experiencing or what you have read here or elsewhere, you do have options.1) You can place feedback to the reviewer which is accessed in each review. You can also read others comments.2) Write your own review.3) If you don't own it and are considering purchasing it, and have seen issues pop up, simply outline all those issues in one post and ask current users if it's still broke. Or start a thread of what people don't like about the product.There is nothing wrong with listing issues, bugs, problems, whatever, for any aircraft you own or might buy. Just be ready for mud being slung at you for asking the questions.This is especially true if a product has closed forums and you are contemplating a purchase. I've even seen stupid responses such as (paraphrased)"well if you don't own it yet, why do you care if x works or not" , as if you have NO right to ask questions about an add-on for sale. Sorry, but people can offer their opinions whenever they choose.Bottom Line, write your own reviews of your experiences and put it in the forums. You will reach a lot of people if it is truthful, and you will be doing a service to others even if the vendor doesn't like it.One more thing, I also think a Review should state if a company is using just about the same FS2000 Panel that is being hawked for sale now. :-) Regards,Joeaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

If you think the reviews are no good, write your own and submit them.It's as simple as that.If you think there's a conspiracy going on to give only things sold in the Avsim store good reviews, go read the reviews elsewhere (for example fs.com where they won't give something a good review because Avsim sells it).But don't come in here spouting all kinds of baseless accusations. You apparently have an agenda against Avsim, given your continuing campaign to badmouth this site.

"Bottom Line, write your own reviews of your experiences and put it in the forums. You will reach a lot of people if it is truthful, and you will be doing a service to others even if the vendor doesn't like it."WRONG ANSWER... Correct answer... Write your own review and put it in the just opened AVSIM READER'S REVIEW FORUM (now open for business and which can be found in the Hangar section)... :)

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Superb. :)

:-lol :-lolThanks Tom....Regards,Joe(saving Nickels for new X-BOX 360 based soley on Rumors and Innuendo.....)aopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest davidvoogd

Great idea, I think I'll start on one myself.