Hi all !

I am on the search for a new throttle quadrant and I would be so glad to hear your experience or suggestions! My old saitek quadrant has started spiking a lot and have also broken one of its levers by accident some years ago, so I consider buying a new system.

I have to say, that I am not flying one type of aircraft. Rather I fly nearly all kinds of quality airplanes released for P3D/XP11.  After searching a lot, my options seems to be the following:

Options in the 200 EUR price range:

1) Wait for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant (http://flyhoneycomb.com/bravo-throttle-quadrant-2/). This system is the best solution for me as you can configure it to fly all type of aircraft I could think of. It is what I would buy right now if it was available. However it is not and I would like to ask: Does any of you know when we should expect it? As far as I had understood their yoke system should come first and we are already on the last month of Q4 without any news. So, I am seriously worried that the Bravo Throttle Quadrant is not gonna see the markets anytime soon. Even if it was to be released this summer, I would surely wait. But I haven't seen any news from the company regarding the predicted release time-frame. Please correct me if I have missed something.

2) A new Saitek quadrant along with the 737 mod kit from Sergey Fedorchukov (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1612757192349700/photos/). This kit uses the Saitek quadrant but retrofits it with 737 style throttle/flap/spoiler handles along with working A/T disconnect and reverser handles (work as a switch). While it looks nice, I'm not so happy buying again a Saitek quadrant with its low quality pots. Even if they work better than my old Saitek, its not a future proof solution.

Options in the 700 EUR price range: 

3) 737 Throttle Quadrant v2.3 from FlightSimPM (http://www.flightsimpm.com/products#!/737-Throttle-Quadrant-v2-3/p/33600129/category=8661205). Not currently in stock, so I'll have to wait. Plus I have to ask you what you think about that and what is the quality if its pots. 

4) Virtual Fly TQ-6 (https://www.virtual-fly.com/shop/controls/tq6-hands-on-for-real). This one seems to have  the best quality of construction and reliability. Surely the smoothness of movement is second to none judging from the video reviews I've seen. I guess for jets I can assign flaps/spoiler axis to one of the non-throttle levers. Its only limitation is that it doesn't provide any button to assign an A/T switch.

Obviously the last two options are on a 3X pricepoint than the first two, and while I understand the higher quality, I am still on the fence of whether it is worth to put this amount of money on a throttle quadrant. The win-win solution for me is the Honeycomb system, though with an uncertain release horizon (?). 

If anyone has experience and can provide some guidance I would be more than glad to hear it. Of course if he/she has any suggestion for any other system that I am missing I would also like to know. Thank you for the attention : )

EDIT: At the same time I wrote this post Honeycomb posted some news regarding a delay in the production. Also, it seems that I answered my own question by searching on Honecomb's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FlyHoneycomb/). There, the developer has replied on a picture comment, one day ago, regarding the throttle release the following: "We're aiming for a same time release. The sensors will be quality potentiometers. Would love to put hall sensors in, but it's cost prohibited." . So, I guess we are aiming for a release in the summer? 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi and thanks for the replies. @Jovabra, I think if I would go to this price point I would consider the TQ-6 instead as it has also prop capabilities and I prefer desk mounting. @richjb2 thanks for the suggestion too. I guess the price of the Jetmax should be even more than 700 EUR ? Also, on the link they mention that it its not sold anymore as a separate product..

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

I have the Virtual Fly TQ6, and its not a bad unit. Unfortunately for jet flying, there is no reverser option, although it has a reverse section on it, but that is for turbo props. I have had to assign the reverse to a button on my yoke. I have also had to add separate buttons for  TO/GA , SP brake arm and A/T disengage through FSUIPC and a Leo Bodnar card. For general prop and turbo prop aircraft , its OK.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

The CH throttle quadrant can do everything you want and at 1/3 the price of the TQ6.  I use the TQ6 because I now fly only props.  I had the CH for over five years and it served me well for both props and jets.  Check it out.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I use both "JetMax" 737 and Precision Flight Controls throttle quadrants. I have the "JetMax" for flying large twin-engine airliners and the PFC throttle quadrants for flying all of my GA aircraft.

The PFC is nice because I can have different controls for it.  I can easily make it like a Cessna 172 or a KingAir B200.

Both of these throttle quadrants are the best quality and extremely well made.

14 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Hi,

What do yo think about this one? I have the Two Engine Jet Enhanced Spoiler/Throttle/Reverser/Flap (with GA Button)

https://flypfc.com/product-category/throttle-quadrants/jet/

Succes

Jo va Bra

Precision Flight Controls are so well made I would say "commercial" quality.

I love mine.

Remember, for any of the lever combinations that are shown in your link, you have to have the "Throttle Quadrant Console".  The levers can easily interchange on the TQC.  The system works great.

Checkout FSthrottles. Richcardo is a great guy and builds awesome real looking units for a great price they look just like the real things on the airliners for under $500

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

7 hours ago, Freo said:

I have the Virtual Fly TQ6, and its not a bad unit. Unfortunately for jet flying, there is no reverser option, although it has a reverse section on it, but that is for turbo props

It's not 'for turboprops', it's for whatever you choose to program it to do! Even if the power axes behave differently for jets and turboprops (which seems unlikely) you could program the lower region to trigger full reverse instead of mapping a separate button. I am assuming you have something like FSUIPC or SPAD.neXt for programming the quad.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thank you guys, I see that you don't agree to any of my options. Certainly the PFC is out of my reach as it requires also the main consol which doubles its price. If I would decide to go to the 700 EUR range I would either go with option 3 or 4, and probably 4 (TQ-6). 

I checked FSthrottles too, as per David suggestion. I sent an email to the developer to investigate prices and availability, though I'm not that impressed.

However, I think my best option is the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, as it combines everything one needs. What's annoying is that there is no prediction of its availability..

Edited by Daedalus

On 4/2/2018 at 7:48 AM, Daedalus said:

Thank you guys, I see that you don't agree to any of my options. Certainly the PFC is out of my reach as it requires also the main consol which doubles its price. If I would decide to go to the 700 EUR range I would either go with option 3 or 4, and probably 4 (TQ-6). 

I checked FSthrottles too, as per David suggestion. I sent an email to the developer to investigate prices and availability, though I'm not that impressed.

However, I think my best option is the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, as it combines everything one needs. What's annoying is that there is no prediction of its availability..

I have also been waiting for the Honeycomb's but now I am intrigued by the PFC units. If you look at their throttle console, you can add on a 6 stick throttle quadrant for only $150. That brings the total for the console and the throttle quadrant to $645 USD and you get a landing gear lever, flap lever, and rudder trim with the console. Whereas with the TQ-6, you just get a 6 stick throttle quadrant for 542 Euros which is $666 USD. So the TQ-6 is more expensive for less controls.