Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

QW787 and QW757 coming for P3Dv4

Hey all, just thought I'd share this here, in case anybody didn't see it but is interested:

It appears the QualityWings 787 and 757 are on their way to P3Dv4! At least the 787 will include Trueglass, and here's hoping the same will be true for the 757. It being an older release, I'm not sure how much work went into that one, but I can only hope that QW took the trouble to do a proper port of it, like they seem to have done for the 787. I personally had never imagined their 757 making it this far, but I'm excited! This news comes right as I was starting to consider getting the CS757, but was holding off to wait for v1.1 and as there currently is no cargo model available yet. Of course, for those that are familiar with QW, this news may not mean we can expect anything particularly soon, so I'm not holding my breath, but I thought it was a nice surprise on this otherwise dreary New York morning :cool:

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Based on their 787 lengthy development time and their Facebook statement that their 757 is on beta testing for P3D4, it's most likely it's only a straight port of the FSX model.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

8 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Based on their 787 lengthy development time and their Facebook statement that their 757 is on beta testing for P3D4, it's most likely it's only a straight port of the FSX model.  

Am I misreading this statement then: "The work for Service Pack 1 is largely complete and we’re currently testing all changes / bugfixes along with the P3Dv4 version of the plane. We’re pursuing a simultaneous release of SP1 for FSX and the P3Dv4 version so that both variants are on the same status."

Based on that, sounds like the P3Dv4 version is not to far off.

Edit:  Sorry, think you were talking about the 757 release.

Edited by DylanC

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Yes, the 757 is a straight port as they have announced somewhere. The 787 is a conversion but more elaborated.

I don't know what's the idea behind developing something for a dead simulator then converting it to the most current one. Makes me think it won't be as good as if it were developed directly for P3D V4. Eaglesoft is using the same odd development method unfortunately.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Quality Wings Support Comment:

My experience with their support is that it is excellent. I had a problem with one of their creations some years ago and they went "above and beyond" in their efforts to help me. Honestly, I was blown away. Finally met these guys at FlightSimCon 2017. 

My support experience with them is such that I will purchase without reservation anything they produce along my interest lines...which includes both the 757 & 787.

For the record I have not ever been associated with them in any way.

Dave

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Quality Wings Support Comment:

My experience with their support is that it is excellent. I had a problem with one of their creations some years ago and they went "above and beyond" in their efforts to help me. Honestly, I was blown away. Finally met these guys at FlightSimCon 2017. 

My support experience with them is such that I will purchase without reservation anything they produce along my interest lines...which includes both the 757 & 787.

For the record I have not ever been associated with them in any way.

Dave

High praise indeed.

Sounds like they have real integrity. I am interested in their products for P3Dv4 as I am looking for a modern airliner.

Hope it is soon.

Kind regards,

It's April here at my home town but it's ok, I take the bait for now and wait for it.

Cheers!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Yes, the 757 is a straight port as they have announced somewhere. The 787 is a conversion but more elaborated.

I don't know what's the idea behind developing something for a dead simulator then converting it to the most current one. Makes me think it won't be as good as if it were developed directly for P3D V4. Eaglesoft is using the same odd development method unfortunately.

Might be due to the fact that the aircraft has been in development for 5 years or so. P3D v4 probably got announced when they were far into development for FSX so they could later on easily port it to P3D 32-bit.

But FSX to P3D v4 is a whole other story so they might not have wanted to delay the product yet again, just to only release it on P3D v4.

Their business strategy seems logical to me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

That's a bit of a bummer... Perhaps I'll end up going for the CS757 then.

Though I'm looking into the 787 now. It sounds like this is more than 'lite', and people seem generally very pleased with it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hopefully an upgrade charge or free for existing users. Hate the whole  new charge for p3d4 stuff but i know its all new software sometimes for 64bit conversion 

:P Timothy Murphy

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Though I'm looking into the 787 now. It sounds like this is more than 'lite', and people seem generally very pleased with it.

It's definitely not lite, but not PMDG level either.  Probably more like the Aerosoft Airbus.  Just enough to keep you busy and engaged.  I own it for FSX, but it's been collecting dust since I don't use that platform any longer.  Like everyone else, waiting for the P3D version.  When it's finally done, hopefully it will get some love from FS2CREW, but I know it depends on the SDK being released to Bryan.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

23 hours ago, DylanC said:

It's definitely not lite, but not PMDG level either.  Probably more like the Aerosoft Airbus.  Just enough to keep you busy and engaged.  I own it for FSX, but it's been collecting dust since I don't use that platform any longer.  Like everyone else, waiting for the P3D version.  When it's finally done, hopefully it will get some love from FS2CREW, but I know it depends on the SDK being released to Bryan.

Aerosoft Airbus is perfectly fine for me, so that's good! Been watching some Youtube videos and it seems like my kind of plane. It seems packed with intriguing features. Frankly, I'd probably be happier paying 70$ for the QW787 rather than paying 135$ for the PMDG 777, which, while undoubtedly great, is probably packed with features I'm never going to use anyway.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

On 3/26/2018 at 3:08 PM, David Roch said:

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

The 787 and those fantastic engines.... Its caused virgin no end of issues.

I dont think I ever heard so much talk on a night shift about engine oil coolers/ fuel heaters,nash pumps, ba's 777  fuel icing issue and ANAs mid air flame out in my whole life as I have done with the whole 787 debackle !!!

ps pics below Taken last night at lhr

IMG-20180405-_WA0000.jpgIMG-20180405-_WA0002.jpgIMG-20180405-_WA0003.jpgIMG-20180405-_WA0001.jpg

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png