Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Enabling vr in p3d causes p3d to stop responding

hi posted on the p3d avsim forum but it was suggested to post over here,my problem is since updating to version 4.2 when I enable vr my p3d stops responding and I have to shut the sim down sometimes the screen freezes but I can still hear sounds  I'm using the rift never had any problems with ver 4.1 any help please.

thanks,Jim 

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi Jim,

It may not be any help, but I upgraded 4.0-4.1-4.2 using client only, and haven't seen any problems.  I usually use FlyInside, but I just tried a short flight in native VR and all went smoothly (a little more clarity than with FlyInside).

Jim H.

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

hi I only upgraded the client and enabling vr is the only problem I have.

thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Any problems with any other VR applications?

Are you using the latest Video drivers and the latest Oculus runtime?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have the latest drivers installed also latest oculus software now I seem to get a black screen with sound and after a few seconds p3d closes trie vr in afs2 for a short flight and vr runs ok , posted over at p3d forum I don't know if this is to do with the 4.2 update I did.

thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

If you are using Orbx scenery, also make sure to update FTX central to work with P3D 4.x

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

hi p3d works ok in 2d mode only when I enable vr I get message p3d exe has encountered a problem and then closes

thank you,Jim

@jimimac,

Make sure you post your problems on the Prepar3D forums - probably on this one:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312&sid=b260ccf401e14f08f0f55f72437e56d0

They will tell you which log files to send them - I am running "Native VR" (not SteamVR) with an Oculus Rift and it works fine on P3D4.2 especially in SIngle Pass mode. I am still using NVidia driver 388.71

I assume you initially see the old standard Oculus Home (not the new "dash" virtual desktop) on your Rift, then after enabling VR, do you at least get the health and Safety warning on your Rift before it shuts down? Do you use the Oculus Tray Tool to set SuperSampling to 1.5 or so for much better image clarity. I assume you start in 2D in an aircraft with a virtual cockpit  and then go to the Virtual Reality Tab at the top left and select Enable Virtual Reality->Oculus - then it crashes?

Good luck - hang in there - Native VR in P3D4.2 is very usable

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hi  yes I use the oculus standard home no I don't get the health and safety I just get a black screen with sound then a message that p3d exe. Has encountered a problem then closes, not used the oculus tray tool yet but will have a look not tried single pass mode yet my virtual reality is on the right of the menu bar but don't have a choice to select oculus just enable vr

thanks for the advice I will try out tonight again,jim

thank you,Jim

@jimimac,

Maybe I get a choice on the Enable VR because I also have Steam installed for Aerofly FS2 - but only Oculus works when selected in P3D. The Oculus Tray Tool won't help until you can get P3D to stop crashing of course - but then you can set the SuperSampling to 1.5 or so and it will help a lot for clarity.

Good luck

What about your Nvidia driver? (I use 388.71) See this on the Oculus forums:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62069/black-screen-on-rift-be-sure-to-use-nvidia-driver-388-59/p1

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2