Sign in to follow this  
Mindframe85

Ultimate Traffic Live using P3d v4

Good day, 

I installed UTL into my P3D. Upon loading into a new flight I see all AI planes parked at the gate, which is fine. Although after testing, I started to notice that I am not seeing AI taxi and waiting for takeoff clearance as I used to see in MyTraffic before. When planes land I started noticing them vanish upon touchdown. Just not enough traffic generating and seems that planes are always grounded every time I start a new flight. Is there a fix to this? I did reach out to the support team at UTL as well. If anyone here would know a fix to this, please let me know. I would like to see some action at my airports. BTW I forgot to mention. I tested both ways with traffic sliders maxed out in P3D settings and traffic sliders at 0% as well in case anyone was wondering. Still no difference. 

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Check if you have FSUIPC traffic limiter enabled, you cannot use it with UTL.

Simbol 

And how do I do that? 

Your post in the UTL forums was in the non support forum. Hopefully, a moderator will move it over for you. In the meantime, you should browse those threads as there is lots of good info and ideas to help you out. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, simbol said:

Check if you have FSUIPC traffic limiter enabled, you cannot use it with UTL.

But I use it with UTLive with no problems!

There's no interaction between FSUIPC's limiter and the traffic supplier. FSUIPC merely removes excess traffic directly in P3D, operating AFTER the traffic has been generated, and selecting according to the parameters you set in the INI fie limiter section. There are many ways of configuring that to suit your wishes. AND you can have it related to the frame rate so that if the frame rate stays above a given value, it does nothing.

Pete

• Like 2

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

There's no interaction between FSUIPC's limiter and the traffic supplier. FSUIPC merely removes excess traffic directly in P3D, operating AFTER the traffic has been generated, and selecting according to the parameters you set in the INI fie limiter section. There are many ways of configuring that to suit your wishes. AND you can have it related to the frame rate so that if the frame rate stays above a given value, it does nothing.

Pete

Great information, Pete. I like the AI% facility in FSUIPC, but I thought it worked only with bgl-based AI traffic. Turns out I can use my past AI% settings in FSUIPC and move all AI sliders in UTLive to the right. How do you set it in your case?

Thanks,   

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Hi Pete,

Good to know, however I have found lot of people with UTL traffic not flowing until they disabled the FSUIPC traffic limiter.

But of course It could be because they had it wrong configured or some other variables on their systems.

All the best 

Simbol 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

move all AI sliders in UTLive to the right. How do you set it in your case?

About 50% at present, because I also have MyTraffic6 operating with the P3D slider at about 30% I do this to get a greater variety of airlines, especially charters, military and cargo.

Also at busy airports I get a really low frame rate (17-21 at EGLL, for example) and don't really like to see the traffic count jump to several hundreds just to be immediately reduced to my limt of 100 by my limiter because of the frame rate (my limit for that is 25 fps). Most places this doesn't happen of course, but I'd be worried about the unnecessary load at EGLL and a couple of other airports I use.

Pete

• Like 1

Where do you set your min frame rate - in FSUIPC or in UTLive?

Thanks,

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

About 50% at present, because I also have MyTraffic6 operating with the P3D slider at about 30% I do this to get a greater variety of airlines, especially charters, military and cargo.

Also at busy airports I get a really low frame rate (17-21 at EGLL, for example) and don't really like to see the traffic count jump to several hundreds just to be immediately reduced to my limt of 100 by my limiter because of the frame rate (my limit for that is 25 fps). Most places this doesn't happen of course, but I'd be worried about the unnecessary load at EGLL and a couple of other airports I use.

Pete

Pete does MyTraffic work with v4? Because I have it and I loved it. If you know a way to do it and can assist me please let me know. Thanks. 

I'm not Pete but MT6 works great in P3Dv4 with Pete's AI Limiter facility in FSUIPC. There's a tutorial on how to install in How to section.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:41 PM, Dirk98 said:

Where do you set your min frame rate - in FSUIPC or in UTLive?

If you mean for FSUIPC's Frame Rate limiter, it's in the INI file. The assorted options in there are described in the appendix to the FSUIPC User Guide. Please take a look. They can be changed there whilst using the Sim, you just need to go into the FSUIPC options menu and OK out to get them reloaded.

Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you mean for FSUIPC's Frame Rate limiter, it's in the INI file. The assorted options in there are described in the appendix to the FSUIPC User Guide. Please take a look. They can be changed there whilst using the Sim, you just need to go into the FSUIPC options menu and OK out to get them reloaded.

Pete

Sorry, Pete. My question was about you, not FSUIPC.ini Where do you set the FPS limit - in FSUIPC.ini OR in UTLive?  I know they work different, however which one do you prefer?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

Downloaded UTLIve today, set my traffic at 50% and loved it.  No perceptual difference in Frame rate or performance.  Good to have airplanes around instead of empty airports.  Using P3d v4.

Stan

Edited by spilok