Sign in to follow this  

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, StewartH said:

Bump.  The GTN Setup utility does not solve the problem.  Still only COM1 available in the GTN750.

I caution everyone to not use the F1 GTN Setup utility, because it can only "edit" the current panel.cfg file...

...which will simply get lost the next time you change any options. You see, the panel.cfg file is copy/pasted/renamed from the archive contained in the ..\PanelConfigs sub-folder where the "master versions" are stored! :cool:

Aside from which, I've spent literal hours and hours tweaking these various panel configurations.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So, is there a solution somewhere in this information?  Copy and paste the archival version of the panel.cfg?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Oops!  Sorry, Bill, it looks like your reply was hijacked by my reply somehow.  I will head over to the Support Forum and d/l the new installer.  Thanks for the heads-up and your hard work.

Stew

I suggest that you might head to the Milviz 310R Redux Support forum and d/l the new SP2 installer. I spent my entire day sorting out just these issues with the GTN and GNS configurations and ensuring that both COM and NAV work correctly.

zVHDb.png

Fr. Bill    

We were apparently "speaking" at the same time. Well that, and I mistakenly "edited" your post instead of quoting for a new reply. That happens whenever I'm tired and hungry... :blink::blush:

Fr. Bill    

No problem, Bill.  Nice screenie up above there--I d/l'd the sp2 installer, and ran the MVAMS utility, but still no access to COM2. (??)  The gods are against me on this one.  :sad:

Stew

I use the 750/650 combo set from MVAMS and then use the RXP tools to sub in the RXP versions (along with a hand-built RXP ini file) and it works flawlessly in the 310 Redux.  If you've made changes in this area I'm almost afraid to DL the new installer now!  :bengong::biggrin:

Scott

No changes were made to the GTN instruments at all. Do save a copy of your 'hand-built RXP ini' file though and then copy it back to the aircraft's root folder.

Fr. Bill    

13 hours ago, StewartH said:

No problem, Bill.  Nice screenie up above there--I d/l'd the sp2 installer, and ran the MVAMS utility, but still no access to COM2. (??)  The gods are against me on this one.  :sad:

The following solved a missing Transponder problem with GTN750 for several people. It may well solve your missing COM2 issue as well. It certainly can't hurt!

Please go here:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN

Delete the GTN2nonvol to GTN4nonvol folders. DO NOT delete the GTN1nonvol folder.

Fr. Bill    

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

No changes were made to the GTN instruments at all. Do save a copy of your 'hand-built RXP ini' file though and then copy it back to the aircraft's root folder.

Thanks for the reassurance!  I was mostly joking, but still good to know.

Scott

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

The following solved a missing Transponder problem with GTN750 for several people. It may well solve your missing COM2 issue as well. It certainly can't hurt!

Thanks, Bill.  But why am I the only one with this problem?  I've d/l'd the same installer as everyone else.

Edit to update:  I went back and re-ran the MVAMS utility and I now have access to COM2!  Deleting those selected GTNnonvol folders wasn't necessary, as it turns out.  The lesson we all have learned from time to time, and is reinforced in this instance, is that computers and their associated software sometimes defy human logic.  I'm not aware of any changes I made in the meantime, but there you go...

Thanks, Bill, for your persistence and your follow-up advice.

Stew

Edited by StewartH

Stew

Stew, I'm delighted to hear that it's working for you now.

Fr. Bill