Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

Concorde X crashes when Windows Defender is on

Straight to the point. Concorde X crashes when Windows Defender is on. When I turn it off, Concorde works perfectly. But, after I updated Windows, I noticed that Concorde works only when Windows Defender is on. I get a "internal error, please contact author." error if Windows Defender is off. I excluded The FSL_ConcX.dll from windows Defender, and I also excluded the FlightsimLabs folder in ProgramFiles x86, AND I excluded the FSLabs folder in my main P3D folder. Also, I excluded the FSLabs_BAe-Concorde folder in SimObjects. BUT it still crashes if windows defender is on.

Edited by Aaron Kim

UPDATE: Now when I select Concorde, it shows this message no matter what!

A stab in the dark, but something that happend to me recently. Although my sim didnt crash, it was running nice and smooth with sudden dives in FPS down to 1.5 !

I opened Microsoft security essentials, whitch looks the same as Windows Defender (?), settings tab, then MAPS,

(Microsoft Actice Protection System). This was set to basic membership. I changed it to 'i dont want to participate'. Also as you've done, excluded the whole C:/FSX (P3D) file from being scanned. Its now back to normall smoothness.

As for installation location, ''Programe Files''....Now, ive been off the flightsim scene for 10 month or so, so things may have changed, but to my knowledge you should not install it in that location as the ''programe files'' are protected from ''write to file'', not allowing changes to those files.....even as admin.

Might also be worth checking your history / quarantined files to see if any Concorde X related files have been caught.

Luke Pype

Hello Aaron

There is an Option in the Windows Defender control panel called  "Controlled folder access"  Is this option turned on ?

Its possible the latest Windows update has reset this option back to the default On position 

If so, Turn this Option Off,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

12 hours ago, Poppet said:

If so, Turn this Option Off,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Actually, I already have this option off.

Just ran P3D today and tested if Concorde works.

UPDATE: Nope, nothing works.

This message pops up.

29595483_155665475260099_317662405674877

Edited by Aaron Kim

16 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

As for installation location, ''Programe Files''....Now, ive been off the flightsim scene for 10 month or so, so things may have changed, but to my knowledge you should not install it in that location as the ''programe files'' are protected from ''write to file'', not allowing changes to those files.....even as admin.

Well, i installed it in the ProgramFiles x86.

I uninstalled, rebooted, then ran P3D, but it STILL showed the message. I turned off windows defender, when installing, and I also excluded some files. But, you guessed it, it shows that message. :( UGH

UPDATE 2: You know how FsLabs says to fly the J3 Cub then load concorde? Well, I just loaded concorde straightly, and it WORKED!!!