Sign in to follow this  
Bucky

GTN650 replacements for B200, V35, etc

Hi all, is it possible to replace the GNS430's in Carenado Bonanza's, B200's etc, with GTN650's? It seems like the size is comparable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. These products are amazing! I also have the 750, and will never be able to fly my Twin Otter or PC12 again without it :)

• Upvote 1

The Garmin GTN 650 has been designed to allow easy GNS 430 retrofits. The units dimensions are fully compatible.
That being said it's much more difficult to swap two instruments in X-Plane as it's required to edit the 3D models.
So, if it's theoretically doable, editing the appropriate files is really not user friendly at this time.

The best option would be to hope for someone to create a mod or for the original developer to directly support the Reality XP products as it's becoming more common for some recently released aircraft.

The RXP GTNs (and GNS) are truly fantastic (and realistic) products though, I can't agree more, so I fully understand and support the desire to see more compatibility.
Any enthusiastic RXP GTN/GNS user should ask developers to support them in their products (via forums, emails, etc.). They need to be aware simmers are highly interested in such compatibility options.

• Upvote 1