Sign in to follow this  
charlesallsop

VOX ATC V7

Good day all,  I have used the older version for many years with FSX.I now have P3D V4 nd would like to use the latest version. The P3D is now in its own "P3D Sim " folder and not the usual "c:/ programfiles/Microsoft games..." etc. Now the indexer wont run as I think it wants to find it somewhere else? Any ideas how to change the path?

Regards

Charles.

Have you installed the correct version of Voxatc? If you have installed the version for P3d V4, Voxatc should find the path by itself.

Regards

Jürgen 

Hi Jurgen thank you for the reply ,yes the one is for P3D4 .This is where it looks: c:\program files\lockheed martin\Prepar3DV4\.It picks up the Ants Airplane Tecnam as those are installed by installer outside the sim.

Hi Charles,

may be the problem is caused by the different path where the Sim is installed. Might be Voxatc expect that the Sim is installed in the default path/folder.  I know that a lot of users recomment to install the Sim in a separate folder. For me it never made sense to do that. I think LM knows best where the Sim should be installed and if a separate location would be better, the installer would suggest this.

I think if the Sim installed in the default path/folder the indexer will run.

Regards

Jürgen

• Like 1

Hi Charles,

Yes, i think you need to do a complete reinstall because the scenery path is related to the Sim path.

Regards

Jürgen 

Hi Jurgen, just a little more info, when the indexer runs it eventually stops and does nothing further.I then close it and then the panel screen opens to install all panels of the aircraft. So it finds those but not the rest.If I uninstall and re install does that mean all add on's e.g. Orbyx will have to be re-installed?

Almost always, when the VOXATC Indexer stops running and doesn't finish, there is an inconsistency in either scenery.cfg or one of the add-on.xml entries used by P3d4. Before doing anything else, I would check all those scenery entries by methodically disabling/enabling them to see where the error is. This can be done using a text editor. Find both versions of add-ons.cfg in your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folders and edit them to turn individual entries on and off. Start at the top of the add-ons.cfg file and work your way downward. It's tedious but unlike P3d4, VOXATC is very unforgiving of errors in these cfg files. Then see how far the Indexer gets. If that doesn't reveal anything, then do the same thing with scenery.cfg. Bur usually one doesn't have to get that far. 

There is also a very long thread in this subforum which pointed out that if an add-on is listed both in scenery.cfg and as an add-on.xml file, the VOXATC Indexer will fail.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Almost always, when the VOXATC Indexer stops running and doesn't finish, there is an inconsistency in either scenery.cfg or one of the add-on.xml entries used by P3d4. Before doing anything else, I would check all those scenery entries by methodically disabling/enabling them to see where the error is. This can be done using a text editor. Find both versions of add-ons.cfg in your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folders and edit them to turn individual entries on and off. Start at the top of the add-ons.cfg file and work your way downward. It's tedious but unlike P3d4, VOXATC is very unforgiving of errors in these cfg files. Then see how far the Indexer gets. If that doesn't reveal anything, then do the same thing with scenery.cfg. Bur usually one doesn't have to get that far. 

There is also a very long thread in this subforum which pointed out that if an add-on is listed both in scenery.cfg and as an add-on.xml file, the VOXATC Indexer will fail.

I used to unite all separate sceneries under Aerosoft or say FlyTampa top folders in respective xml files. Now I can see probably it's not the best way for a careful analysis. On the other hand in the previous version P3Dv4.1 there was a limit on number of entries I recall.

Is it possible while running VoxATC's Indexer to temporarily disable all add-on.cfg files and instead use Lorby's Addon Organizer' facility to temporarily Export library for external tool (it's under AO's Backup/Restore tab)

Thanks.

I would prefer a complete uninstall/reinstall to get a clean installation instead of spending a lot of time for error analysis

Regards

Jürgen. 

There have been instances reported that specific add-on.xml files have minor syntax errors.  I won't mention which developer is at fault, but keep in mind that reinstalling everything may just recreate the same problem.

A faulty add-on.xml file will often just be ignored by P3d. But the VOXATC Indexer will try to read it and lock up.

• Like 1