Sign in to follow this  
flyguy5

pmdg 777 crash on longhaul

hello all,

during all my longhaul flights that ive done so far, my P3D started to lag after flying for about 5 or 6hrs. It doesnt crash (at least not immediately), but it starts to load for about 10 to 15 seconds (during this time the flight is stopped or paused), then it works again for maybe 5 seconds. Then it loads again for 15 seconds and stops, then works again and so on and so on. it certainly is not possible to continiue a flight when having such sort of lags or stutters. I have checked my event manager after experiencing this problem but I didnt found anything there. I have also done quite long flights with the pmdg 737 (with turnarounds) and have never experienced such a problem. 

I would be very glad if someone could help me because i really like the pmdg 777 and would love to succesfully complete one long haul flight with it.

bye

58 minutes ago, flyguy5 said:

during all my longhaul flights that ive done so far, my P3D started to lag after flying for about 5 or 6hrs. It doesnt crash (at least not immediately), but it starts to load for about 10 to 15 seconds (during this time the flight is stopped or paused), then it works again for maybe 5 seconds. Then it loads again for 15 seconds and stops, then works again and so on and so on. it certainly is not possible to continiue a flight when having such sort of lags or stutters.

Using FSUIPC?

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, flyguy5 said:

yes i do use fsuipc (unregistered version)

I can't remember if you can use the autosave function in that one, but, if you can, then disable it.

Kyle Rodgers

i checked it and apparently there's no possibility to use any autosave function of the unregistered FSUIPC 

How much RAM does your system (and graphic card) have? 

What Marc said, but also: what kind of anti-virus scanner do you use?

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, flyguy5 said:

I have 8 GB of RAM and my graphic card has 2048 MB. I use Norton

Ok... I let Kyle tell you about norton... but: that‘s your problem ^^

2 minutes ago, flyguy5 said:

I have 8 GB of RAM and my graphic card has 2048 MB. I use Norton

Yeah, Norton is more than likely the problem, unless you've specifically told it to leave the sim alone. Create an exception for the program and the P3D directory. How this is done is something you will have to research on your own, unfortunately. I don't use aftermarket AV programs - they cost money and end up causing more hassle.

Kyle Rodgers

alright, i excluded the Lockheed Maarten folder from any scans and will try to complete a longhaul flight to see if it works

i have completed a longhaul flight from madeira to st maarten now, flew 6h55m, but I used the pmdg 737 because I knew I have better chances to be successful with it. So far, everything worked fine and next longhaul will be with the 777, lets see if it works.

• Like 1