Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

Live Traffic problem

I'm trying to get Live Traffic to work, with not much success so far. I have UT Live, and for testing also the BVAI package installed. The following error appears when trying to connect with Simulator AI or Live (Data Source OpenSky /ADSB-Ex) :

Unhandled exception : The remote server returned an error : (504) Gateway timeout.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at LorbyLiveTraffic.ADSBExRestClient.MakeRequest()
at LorbyLiveTraffic.ADSBExClient.GetFlightData(AiAircraft acft)

At one occasion I got just one flight after waiting five minutes in the list (in EDDF), but it didn't show up in the Sim. Some time later same error as above.

i also tried with Real Traffic (just 5 minute license), set to "Broadcast traffic to 3rd party Apps". Got .."Waiting for Real Traffic to connect', but no response. I see the flights displayed in Real Traffic.

I have all set to 'Run As Administrator' and turned off Firewall and Windows Defender, to no avail.

What else could be relevant ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

The remote server returned an error : (504) Gateway timeout.

That must be something on your end - or ADSB-Ex was down at that time. I have connected to it 2 minutes ago and had 90 aircraft at EDDF in a matter of 20 seconds.

RealTraffic: sorry, but I have no idea if the trial version is even fully functional. Try consciously running both applications "As Administrator" with the respective context menu, and make sure that you have applied the settings as described in the LLTX manual ("Broadcast.." checked, "Disable PSX Traffic injection" checked, "Show GND and AIR Traffic" both checked, "PSX/PSC Server" is "localhost", port is "10747".

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hm, have all set as described in the manual.

Triad again a few times, no chance, still same Gateway timeout when using ADSB-X. 

Now connects with RealTraffic, I see dozens of aircraft in Real Traffic, but nothing shows up in Live Traffic list.

Yeah, most probably something on my end, but have no idea where and what  to check. Is there any logfile ?

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

7 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Hm, have all set as described in the manual.

Triad again a few times, no chance, still same Gateway timeout when using ADSB-X. 

Now connects with RealTraffic, I see dozens of aircraft in Real Traffic, but nothing shows up in Live Traffic list.

Yeah, most probably something on my end, but have no idea where and what  to check. Is there any logfile ?

Mike

Hello Mike,

there is a logfile in Documents\LLTX Files if errors happen in LLTX - but that timeout is not an error in LLTX, it is coming from your IP connection stack. Something is blocking the (incoming ?) communications with the ADSB-EX Server.

As for RealTraffic: the app not connecting has always been an issue for me when I am not running both LLTX and RealTraffic As Administrator (by using the context menu, I don*t rely on the preset). But as RT is a Java app, there is no telling for me what kind of security mechanisms are in play.

I am currently working on the 1.06 b02 update and testing with RT, I don't have any issues connecting.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but wouldn't even know where to start - I can only give you generic advice.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Possibly the AI models are not installed correctly?

I have updated LLTX to 1.06 b02. It seems like ADS-B Ex really is unreachable at times, causing those web service exceptions. I just catch them now, so the user doesn't notice too much.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

One step further, Version 1.07 improved the ADS-B Ex connection. More aircraft in the list now, something like 5 displayed out of 27 at EDDF now.

Quite strange though, no matter if I select UT Live or BVAI, all the the displayed aircraft are A319/A320/A321. No other planes. I checked the BVAI folder, there would have been much more AC available.

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

One step further, Version 1.07 improved the ADS-B Ex connection. More aircraft in the list now, something like 5 displayed out of 27 at EDDF now.

Quite strange though, no matter if I select UT Live or BVAI, all the the displayed aircraft are A319/A320/A321. No other planes. I checked the BVAI folder, there would have been much more AC available.

I am running it right this moment at EDDF, with BVAI

• "Live" mode I get 28 / 38 flights when I allow default liveries, 17/38 without defaults. 
  • "Simulator AI" mode I get 28/41 with and 19/41 without.

BVAI seems to be missing the Embraer 190 models, but I am getting all kinds of the others

41270558481_56510be059_b.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Maybe it helps if you reset the databases, either with the button on the configuration dialog or by deleting the LLTX folder in \Documents.

Best regards

LORBY-SI