Sign in to follow this  
Premier

Chaseplane and docked windows/muti monitors

Hello all, Thinking SERIOUSLY about buying Chaseplane, but did have one question first. I have been using another program that has live weather support and creatable camera views (not Ezidok) and I'd like to save a loaded flight with 3 windows open, as I have multi monitors (Wingview L/H monitor) (V/C view central ultrawide monitor) and Overhead panel view (Monitor physically positioned above the main VC monitor.

With this other program, I'd save a 3 monitor situation, but when I loaded that situation, it would load the 3 views, then one would be force closed when this other program "hooked into P3D" meaning each time I loaded the saved situation, I had to select the wing view again and undock it and move it to the left hand monitor. The was instructions on how to "restore a view" but it was very messy, Many folks asked the same question, but all the author could say is RTM, which didn't explain it well at all, as evidenced by the number of users saying they had RTM, but many, including myself, just could never work it out.

So to my question. Can I save and load a flight, with 3 windows open, without having to re-select the view (new view/aircraft/left wing for example) and then having to undock and move the 3rd window to the respective monitor?

Thanks  Chris

ChasePlane only supports the main view for now. I will not work on a multi-view setup.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 4/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, Keven Menard said:

ChasePlane only supports the main view for now. I will not work on a multi-view setup.

Hi Keven, how do you define "main view "? Could this view be undocked Cockpit view or a spot view? 

Alhard

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

The main view is the one inside the main simulator window. An external camera is not supported at this time

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for the clarification

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

Hi Kevin

I have chaseplane installed and working  across three monitors with Triple Head2go,

I do have small problems occasionally but I soon sort them out ,

also I have multiple views set up for inside and outside  the cockpit,

the only problem I don't seem to be able to correct is I cannot get my middle mouse Button to work in

controlling my eye veiw,

Thank you    Stephen Emery