Sign in to follow this  
Captainjacob

PMDG 737 NGX not initializing

Hello all,

I purchased the PMDG 737 NGX about a year ago, and it has been giving me issues when fsx loads into the new flight for a while now.

After clicking fly now ( with everything chosen- airport, weather, time, and aircraft selected to the pmdg) it loads up into the PMDG, however instead of coming up with the green message that says initializing (at top of screen) it won't show any messages but instead will lower the heads up guidance system screen (if installed) and will not allow me to click any other buttons. I can look around the cockpit and outside the aircraft but can not do or touch anything. I end up having to esc out of the flight, and usually must quit the sim and go back in and try all over again. My friend also is having the same problems.

I don't think it is my computer as it is 4 months old and fairly powerful. But here are the specs, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 core possessor, ASUS TUF Gaming motherboard, 32 gigs of ram, GTX 1050 TI with 4gb of Vram. Windows and the pmdg launcher are on a 500gb SSD and FSX Steam edition is running off a 2tb HHD.

Thank you in advance!! 

19 minutes ago, Captainjacob said:

I purchased the PMDG 737 NGX about a year ago, and it has been giving me issues when fsx loads into the new flight for a while now.

Please open at ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. The account there is not linked to the forum, or our store, so you will need to create an account there if you have not already.

Kyle Rodgers

I will quote myself from the other thread

I had this happen when I set a default flight on FSX by mistake, which had the NGX as the default aircraft. You see only the HUD, the VC is not clickable and the 2d panels are messed up. Just keep the trike as default aircraft.

• Like 1

I´ve same when im make a flight with a complex aircraft like Q400 MJC and at destination, change to PMDG...

2 hours ago, VSP4264 said:

I´ve same when im make a flight with a complex aircraft like Q400 MJC and at destination, change to PMDG...

That‘s why it is clearly adviced in the manual (of nearly every developer of complex addons) that you should not do this and never save complex addon aircraft as your default flight. Shut down your simulator to switch the airplane.

On 04/04/2018 at 2:48 AM, Ephedrin said:

That‘s why it is clearly adviced in the manual (of nearly every developer of complex addons) that you should not do this and never save complex addon aircraft as your default flight. Shut down your simulator to switch the airplane.

But im always start with the trike... and choice other like MJC Q400... and in destination change again... and get error. Im never save a complex aircraft as default flight.

5 hours ago, VSP4264 said:

But im always start with the trike... and choice other like MJC Q400... and in destination change again... and get error. Im never save a complex aircraft as default flight.

If you load any complex plane you can not switch to another one. So if you make a flight with the Q400 and then want to do a flight with the NGX you need to restart your sim

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com