Sign in to follow this  
N2382R

Performance Calculator - an up to date TOPCAT

I'm not affiliated with the below in any way, but simply wanted to share something exciting for those of you that are seeking similar tools. I posted about this in the PMDG forum but figured I should share with a wider audience as it applies to more than just PMDG.

I was desperately needing something similar to TOPCAT so I could, more importantly than any de-rate, calculate runway distance margins on takeoff and landing. Since TOPCAT suffers on available profiles, specifically for the 737-900, the search was on.

I stumbled upon QSimPlanner...

https://qsimplan.wordpress.com/

It's free and actively being developed...for free.

Numbers are very close to real world performance and the A320 performance profiles for CFM will be added shortly. Also, did I mention it's free? It's a stand alone app that can use Navigraph data if you decide to use it for fuel planning purposes. You just need an active Navigraph subscription to do so.

Try it out and feel free to ask any questions. I've been using it for several flights now and love it as a rw pilot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Thanks for the heads up...I saw this in the avsim library today, going to give it a whirl.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Looks very good indeed, once the A320 CFM profile is added, I can see this becoming quite useful.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

You almost had me there, I actually thought for a split second the dev has released an update. How silly of me.

4 hours ago, Orbitandy said:

Looks very good indeed, once the A320 CFM profile is added, I can see this becoming quite useful.

and A320 IAE as well. 

Yes hopefully an A320 IAE profile...the other two programs that do takeoff performance only do CFM for some reason.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks for the headsup! Gave it a quick look and seems promising. Love the price tag :cool: I agree with the others: hopefully an array of additional profiles will be added so as to extend the use of the app beyond, what appears to be, just the PMDG planes.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Glad some of you found this helpful! What gets me most excited is the fact that this is alive and being actively developed.

15 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Not to hijack this thread (great utility by the way!) but for those looking for Airbus support:

http://wabpro.cz/A320/

Only A320, but IAE included.

James

Yes, but that one is an online calculator, not a stand alone program. 

It's great btw I don't fly without it now.

48 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Not to hijack this thread (great utility by the way!) but for those looking for Airbus support:

http://wabpro.cz/A320/

Only A320, but IAE included.

James

This is awesome, tanks for sharing! I'm not home so not able to input data, but does this output takeoff and landing distance  margins?

10 minutes ago, N2382R said:

This is awesome, tanks for sharing! I'm not home so not able to input data, but does this output takeoff and landing distance  margins?

yes, everything and more.

Anyone know how to export a route

I like it - nice and simple for me.

EDIT - found it - in actions.

all the best

Edited by bursco

Per their forum, the author is looking for aircraft performance data.  It would be great for those that have such data to contribute.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library