Sign in to follow this  
Freo

310R Switches & GTN

Bought and installed the above yesterday. Close inspection of cockpit and switches today.  There are no click sounds for any of the switches, and no door seal sound. Flaps and gear sound okay. Also, tried using the MVAMS for GPS use. It refuses to load my GTN 750, but just stays with the original units.  KAP 140 AP, the altitude select rotary is vastly over sensitive, compared to my A2A C180.  Also extremely difficult to keep it straight down the RWY on takeoff, and landing. 

After all the hype, I just wonder if I've wasted my money.   

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Im enjoying it,  did you install as administrator

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I also have no issue installing the gtn 750 works every time,  i think the no sound on the door seal is a bug and not sure about sounds for the other buttons as i have not taken any notice.  I actually find all my planes are all over the place on takeoff,  honestly i find it easier to control a real plane on takeoff than the sim,  any issues head over to the milviz forum for support

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The plane veers off the runway because of the torque.  This is what happens in the real plane.  If you don't beleive us, ask the (many) schools that use the plane (ours) in their training syllabus for twins.

The KAP works as it's supposed to.  (No comments on our competitors methodology)

If you're having issues, please get on our support forums and we will assist.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

8 hours ago, Freo said:

Bought and installed the above yesterday. Close inspection of cockpit and switches today.  There are no click sounds for any of the switches

I DL and installed this two days ago. The operational switches all produce clicking sounds, even clicking sounds on the keys on instruments like the transponder.

8 hours ago, Freo said:

no door seal sound

Open and close the pilot's side window and you should hear the door seal.  If not, and if still no switch sounds then you may need to check your simulator settings.  From time to time my ATC volume loads very low and I have to go into FSX Options, Settings, Sound, and reselect my Windows sound device.  Also while there check your volume level for Cockpit sounds. 

The sounds seem more pronounced on the HSI instrument.  Try the NAV1/NAV2 switch and try adjust the CRS and HDG bugs. I get very nice and confirming sounds from those in particular.  The only switches/keys I do not get sound from are my RXP GPSs and the Weather instrument keys/buttons.

8 hours ago, Freo said:

KAP 140 AP, the altitude select rotary is vastly over sensitive

I agree with this observation. Tip. Click with mouse keys instead of rotating with mouse wheel.  The outer knob clicks will increment one step of 1,000 ft per click.  The inner knob will do the same for 100 ft increments.

8 hours ago, Freo said:

Also extremely difficult to keep it straight down the RWY on takeoff, and landing

What rudder control are you using and how have you calibrated it?  Are you possibly inadvertently applying a margin of toe brake? 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Give yourself some right rudder trim, below the throttles (nose) and that should help. I fly it without rudder pedals and that helps a lot. I also made a minor edit in the aircraft.cfg to reduce the yaw and when I get my rudder pedals will add it back. Some twins have counter rotating props so there is less p-factor at play on takeoff, on the C310 both props turn clockwise which makes takeoff more of a challenge.

Cheers

Martin

6 hours ago, suchw said:

I also have no issue installing the gtn 750 works every time,  i think the no sound on the door seal is a bug...

You don't hear the inflation motor when you turn on the door seal switch? It only runs for about 3 seconds and is rather noisy.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do not hear the door seal activating when toggle switch is placed in the up position as well--whether it be the original Redux version or the recently updated one. I have no "noisy" sound in the cockpit like one hears in the older (original) C310R.

I have tried the suggestion given by fspilot but they did not work.

Please get on the forums for this.  Sounds like a bad install.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks for all your replies

On 4/3/2018 at 7:58 PM, suchw said:

Im enjoying it,  did you install as administrator

Yes I did, all my downloads are as an administrator.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, Milviz said:

The plane veers off the runway because of the torque.  This is what happens in the real plane.  If you don't beleive us, ask the (many) schools that use the plane (ours) in their training syllabus for twins.

The KAP works as it's supposed to.  (No comments on our competitors methodology)

If you're having issues, please get on our support forums and we will assist.

I am aware of the effect of torque and P Factor, and adding right rudder trim seems to help. I know the KAP works as its supposed to, I didn't say otherwise, I was commenting on the sensitivity of the rotary. As for the support forum, I asked a question, pre purchase on the 1st April, but no answer was forthcoming despite 70 views.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:32 AM, fppilot said:

What rudder control are you using and how have you calibrated it?  Are you possibly inadvertently applying a margin of toe brake? 

Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, calibrated through FSUIPC, and no toe brake application.

This still doesn't answer my question with regard to the problem with the GTN 750. It refuses to instal via the MVAMS application, and also the lack of sound when using switches.

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

"Official" support needs are handled via Milviz's "Official" forum. Both :"Mr. Milviz" and "Fr. Bill (aka: n4gix) are aware of your issue.I'm sure if you post it there (if you have not already), they or one of them will respond to your problem with potential helpful resolves. If you have read "Mr. Milviz's" last response in this post, he mentioned "get on the forums for this". Many fellow simmers can give us helpful suggestions here regarding our problem (i.e. no door seal noise) and at times those suggestions are quite helpful, but that seems to be as far as it can go. 

The reason for this is that it's pretty much the only way we can avoid helping pirates... PLUS... if you get on the support forums, it's a WAY better way of getting immediate help, new builds AND... better deals on new products!

• Like 1

Thanks for your helpful explanation. Appreciate all that you folks do to help us flight simmers to better enjoy our flight sim experiences!