Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Pushback ...

I'm trying the built-in ( MSFS ) pushback functionality, by hitting SHIFT-P, with P3Dv42 and the FSlabs A320, but it doesn't work and actualy appears to negatively impact the FSlabs logic.

Apart from comercial / payware products, what can you suggest as na alternative ?

Thx for any hints :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

21 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I'm trying the built-in ( MSFS ) pushback functionality, by hitting SHIFT-P, with P3Dv42 and the FSlabs A320, but it doesn't work and actualy appears to negatively impact the FSlabs logic.

Apart from comercial / payware products, what can you suggest as na alternative ?

Thx for any hints :-)

I know you don't want payware solutions but you should really consider using GSX, you have no idea what you are missing.

S.

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

I know you don't want payware solutions but you should really consider using GSX, you have no idea what you are missing.

S.

Not only does it do push back so well, you get catering, refuelling, boarding , de icing, deboarding.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thx guys, and yes I have long been considering GSX, since it was released years ago... But I intermittently used FSX and now P3D - only when some really tempting add-ons put me in the mood, like the FSlabs A320 with it's latest patch :-)

But I will re-consider it!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

You can't use the default pushback with the FS Labs A320? I appreciate that this is a complex "study sim" airliner, but I can use default pushback quite happily with any of the PMDG planes. I would have expected ALL addon planes to be capable of this as standard :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

GSX is nice but I wouldn't buy it just for pushback: that's a bit over the top. I own GSX but stopped using it: everything it does takes too much time for me so I simply use the great and easy to use pushback option of the Majestic Q400 itself (which is the only plane I fly).

@Christopher: I can't confirm it doesn't - I still have to check again to exclude any user error... I was never very good at using this Pushback feature even in times of FSX :-)

I will report back.

@Jeroen, thx for your hint.

In X-Plane 11 it's all so simple and looks great with the freeware "BetterPushback" :-/

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

If only FS2Crew would release their Ultimate Ground Crew X (UGCX), after years  ...

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Thx @algy10 !  Will certainly give this one a try :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

What issue are you having with the FSLabs a320 and default pushback?  I use it all the time, the only issue I run into is once you stop the pushback the aircraft will roll a little bit.  I just tap the brakes if I don’t have much room.

I think I read somewhere that this is a intentional feature of the aircraft, though I don’t really like it myself.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

What issue are you having with the FSLabs a320 and default pushback?  I use it all the time, the only issue I run into is once you stop the pushback the aircraft will roll a little bit.  I just tap the brakes if I don’t have much room.

I think I read somewhere that this is a intentional feature of the aircraft, though I don’t really like it myself.

Well,

I'll have to try again, maybe I was doing something wrong ? Will report back, but now I also am taking with me that freeware Pushback alternative downloaded from AVSIM.

Main Simulation Rig:

5 hours ago, mikealpha said:

If only FS2Crew would release their Ultimate Ground Crew X (UGCX), after years  ...

If only... really.

And I hope they at least do PB the same as  better pb of xplane

I saw it on yt, and wow, that looks so easy.. nice, in engine, setup :o.

BRYAN!!! We need you

• Like 1

Victor Roos