Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

Problem with PF3 and TTS Voice...

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

DiSCLAIMER: We cannot be held responsible for any marriage breakdown resulting from misuse of the Voxscript feature (scripted virtual conversations about anything) :tongue:

Thank goodness I use headphones....:cool:

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

52 minutes ago, FS++ said:

It's to do with the main app exe "bitness".

A 64 bit process cannot load 32 bit voices and vice-versa.

MCE (mce.exe) is a 32 Bit process, hence detects and loads 32 Bit voices only.

That means you can use much older SAPI 5 voices, as well as new ones.

Pilot2Atc used to be 32 bit and now has switched to 64 Bit because it didn't have enough VAS (as read on their forum).

There is no need for MCE to become 64 Bit. It has plenty of VAS for itself, since it runs as an external process to the sim.

The dlls we use for P3D V4 are 64 bit though. fsInsider64.dll and dlls in <MCE dlls> folder because P3D V4 can only load 64 bit dlls.

The 64 bit voice you would get, could be used with other programs like screen readers. Most of them will ship with their 32 Bit equivalent..

Yes, we are all getting older, and MCE is getting 32 bit-obsolete, that's life...  :D

I didn't know I could install 32-bit voices in Win10x64 though.

I mean I'll try and it should work according to Gerald.

Thanks

Edited by Dirk98

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Yes, we are all getting older, and MCE is getting 32 bit-obsolete, that's life...  :D

No, it's done on purpose. So that it can run on ANY Windows version.

If you make it 64 Bit, you rule out all those Win 7 and Vista 32 bit Windows installations. Not everyone is on Win 10 x64 and running P3D V4

The only situation where you need the huge 64 Bit address space is when you don't have enough VAS for your app to express itself. Things like Flight simulators, 3DStudio MAXX, Maya or games using hi def textures will welcome the move. P2Atc needs to draw a map which probably needs vast memory resources

MCE doesn't do much drawing and even with the whole speech engine running inside it (mce.exe), barely uses a fifth of its available VAS ( 4 GB). And by the way, this is why we don't run the speech engine inside the flight sim via a gauge or inside fsInsider.dll. It would deprive the sim of about 500 MB of VAS, which other add-ons badly need in FSX and P3D V3.4

Take the fsInsider64.dll for instance, it's more or less the same source code that is compiled for 32 Bit (as fsInsider.dll, for use with FSX and P3D V3.4) and fsInsider64.dll for P3D V4 so that the latter can load it. Almost no work is required. You just need to generate a file with the correct bitness.so that the process can load it

There is a memory penalty too, because in 64 Bit, an integer as small as "3" would occupy 8 bytes, when it only occupies 4 bytes in 32 bit.

Now, of course, we could tell you that all aircraft we are supporting in P3D V4 are the result of "extensive research and development" which justifies charging for them as "new products", as the competition does. :smile:

Good Morning to all. I've got PF3 ATC for MSFS2020 and I would please like to know how can I install a TTS voice (for example by CereProc) into the directory of PF3 in order to work with it.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

1 hour ago, Arcy72 said:

Good Morning to all. I've got PF3 ATC for MSFS2020 and I would please like to know how can I install a TTS voice (for example by CereProc) into the directory of PF3 in order to work with it.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

I don't know if PF3 ATC lets you install TTS voices. It has hundreds built-in voices, therefore, little incentive to add such feature. May want to ask on their forum.

Just in case you got here by mistake, this is Multi Crew Experience forum.

If the main purpose is to have the same FO voice you're using in MCE handle PF3 ATC related speech, it's already possible, without the need to do anything.