Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

C310 Redux Autopilot backlighting and mapping

The most common reasons for the nightlighting not working as described above is due to one of two things:  one, not running the sim as an admin and two, not having downloaded and installed without your av on.  (you should also disable your av from scanning the sim directory).

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 hours ago, kowen said:

If anyone is interested the KAP140 LVARs below are somewhat working for the Saitek Multi-panel

Thanks much for sharing your settings.  I hope to get a chance to get some time with the Multipanel this weekend so it's nice to have a starting point.

Much appreciated!

Scott

12 hours ago, kowen said:

Double post - pls ignore.

Edited by tttocs

20 hours ago, Milviz said:

All panels are on or off.  They are not tied to the dimmers.  Sorry but that would have required an immense amount of work on our part and we will no longer be doing ANY work for any of the Nav unit devs.  (F1, Mindstar or RXP).  If they send us rendered light maps, models, tagged, prepped and animated... along with an SDK, then sure... we will consider it.  Otherwise, no.

In my installation the front-most dimmer, or rheostat, *does* control the brightness of the panels, so I don't quite understand this.  It's not a point of argument--all the dimmer knobs work as advertised in my set-up.  I'm not using anything fancy (FSUIPC, etc.)--all controls in the vc are handled by mouse clicks or the mouse wheel.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Alright... Bill did a better job than I had thought... 

So am I missing an issue here?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 hours ago, StewartH said:

I think you've confused the "panel lights" in your image with the red circles with the lower panel, underneath the yoke and the side panel with the circuit breakers and the toggle switches above them.

11 hours ago, StewartH said:

The backlighting is clearly visible and it's controlled by the front-most rheostat.  I have that rheostat turned fully clockwise, as you can see.

I am not at all confused. If fact I am 100% certain.  I am running FSX Deluxe SP2.  In the image below you can clearly see the backlighting is on and my arrow pointing to the rheostat knob labeled " Flt Instr / Compass".  That is the label below the knob.  The mouse tooltip says "FLT/Inst Lights"  Note that knob is set to the 12 o'clock position and I have backlighting.  All of the other three knobs are set at zero.  If I adjust the Flt Inst/Compass knob the backlighting changes.  Clearly.  

Redux%20Lights%20%283%29.jpg

The knob that is not working for me is the one closest to the fiirewall, labeled "SW PNL", mouse tooltip "Panel Lights".  It should control the surface lights on the panel.  The shielded lights that protrude from the panel above the individual instruments. The ones I circled in my earlier post.  That switch in my C310 redux is not doing anything.  In the original Milviz that switch does exactly what it is supposed to do. 

I am not at all confused.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

No, not with me!  Everything works great, as far as I can see.  I even have access to COM2 now, which was fixed by re-running the MVAMS utility.

Stew

Frank... that is just weird.  Bill?

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That switch in my C310 redux is not doing anything.

Frank,  That switch no longer controls the shielded lights you have circled on that front panel in front of the pilot.  It controls the side panel lights and the panel lights underneath the yoke.  At least that's the way it works on my setup and from what I can tell, that's the way they are supposed to work.

Stew

Just now, Milviz said:

Frank... that is just weird.  Bill?

What is weird?  I have one switch that does not work.  All of the other lights do work, including the overhead lights in the passenger area.  Someone else reported those as inop in their installation.

Here's another kicker, and perhaps a clue.  In the original C310 that switch closest to the firewall works, and turns on the panel's surface lights.  But in the original C310 its my Radio Lights switch that does nothing.  Go figure!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK. So I had edited my panel.cfg file to customize my RXP GNS popups, etc.  So I repositioned the original unedited panel.cfg and tried again.  Still the same result.  Odd that I have one switch inop in the Redux, and one in the original, and that it is not the same switch......  And there is another user reporting the same condition with the Redux.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

26 minutes ago, fppilot said:

But in the original C310 its my Radio Lights switch that does nothing.  Go figure!

That switch never did work and was stated as such in the original 310's POH, pg. 84.

Stew

Okay. Just spent time fully uninstalling Redux. Verified no trace left in FSX folders.  Deleted SP2 download, both zip and exe.  Rebooted system.  Turned off both Defender and Malwarebytes, and CCcleaner.  Downloaded SP2 again.  Unzipped.  Ran installer as Administrator.  Tried again.  Same results.  Light switches all same as previously reported.  Odd, but FSX did load the Redux with my previous MVAMS settings (RXP5/RXP4/WX).

Ran MVAMS and changed to different setup, just to try something else.  Went to default setup.  Tried again.  No change.

Now in the process of repositioning my repaint and my customized panel.cfg.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

12 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Okay. Just spent time fully uninstalling Redux. Verified no trace left in FSX folders.  Deleted SP2 download, both zip and exe.  Rebooted system.  Turned off both Defender and Malwarebytes, and CCcleaner.  Downloaded SP2 again.  Unzipped.  Ran installer as Administrator.  Tried again.  Same results.  Light switches all same as previously reported.  Odd, but FSX did load the Redux with my previous MVAMS settings (RXP5/RXP4/WX).

Ran MVAMS and changed to different setup, just to try something else.  Went to default setup.  Tried again.  No change.

Now in the process of repositioning my repaint and my customized panel.cfg.

Maybe the install works for P3Dv4.2, but not for FSX?

Stew

SUCCESS!
Have no idea why, but after bringing back my customized panel.cfg, aircraft.cfg, and custom repaint I loaded the Redux to check that my customization is in place and now all of a sudden the lights are all finally working as they should.  Have no idea why at this point because immediately  after uninstall/reinstall they still were not.  Scratching my head!  But finally success.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS