Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Tremendous new work at MAIW

I know that military flying in FSX isn't everyone's thing, but if you have the slightest interest in seeing some astonishing new AI models, check out the activity at MAIW. In recent weeks they have released two massive packages, updating ALL of their F-16 and P-3 (and P-3 derivatives) packages with new, FSX-native models, FSX flight plans and .dds textures for every package MAIW have ever released for these two aircraft. The F16 model is a new one by John Young and is one of the most incredible AI models I have ever seen, with details that boggle the mind. (John has been boggling my mind for years with his work!!! LOL) And today a new addition - a set of FSX native packages for the F-35 Lightning II - all versions of it, land and sea based with liveries for all of the aircraft purchased or ordered so far. The work that has gone into all of this has been enormous and this team deserves all the support we can give them. So go to the MAIW site and check it out. Even if you don't use military AI, just looking at what they have accomplished is worth your time. And yes,  of course it's all freeware!

• Upvote 1

Even if you are not a military flier, if your sim operations involve or are very near an active military airport, this could add interest and flying AI military aircraft to that airport.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4 hours ago, stans said:

Even if you are not a military flier, if your sim operations involve or are very near an active military airport, this could add interest and flying AI military aircraft to that airport.

True - and some are dual use. But it's especially the F-35 package I would encourage people to take a look at - it really has pushed the boundaries of what seemed possible in FSX

Don't fly into military airfields very much but it would be nice to have a few P-3s flying around the place.

Bill

Although I don't use MyT 6 anymore, these beautiful MAIW models are useful as substitutes for the equivalent MyT 6 versions. Load the MyT 6 2015 military flight plan into AIFP, delete the models and flight plans that you don't want and substitute the MAIW models and paints for the aircraft that you want to keep. Save, recompile and you now have at least some good looking military traffic that won't crash the sim.

Or just install MAIW airbases that have been converted to FSX.

5 hours ago, scianoir said:

Don't fly into military airfields very much but it would be nice to have a few P-3s flying around the place.

Bill

There's a huge stable of P-3s as well as all the derivatives like the EP-3E and also civil P-3s like US Customs, NOOA etc. (Not to mention the P-8 Poseidon).... In terms of supporting FS9, I think it would be reasonable to say that MAIW are probably the most prolific producer of new FS9 aircraft still going...