Sign in to follow this  
rdtv91

Impressions

Hi, so I've had all FS2Crew products of recent since NGX including reboot iterations and so on, I've just picked up the Maddog today and ofcourse FS2Crew to go with it and to be honest it's not on the same level as the others, here's a few things I'm missing personally:

1. No P.A. audio or briefing audio? I've seen you said it's because it's voice only but so was the Q400 ver when released yet these were included.

2. Turnaround - there doesn't seem to be a clean way for turnarounds the way there is in every other one? (As in being able to Run PF events again for the countdown, cabin boarding etc etc)

Edited by rdtv91

In the manual it states to skip past the Pre-Start and then continue as normal? So can we press the Start button again?

Just tried it as just completed a flight so after shutdown check I skipped the leaving AC and pressed start again, he's now doing all the stall checks and things that are really first flight of day procedure? Is there no through-flight procedure like with every other fs2crew addon?

Also the flaps show as 0 on fs2crew panel when doing second sector

Edited by rdtv91
observed

Yes, you can press the "Run Pre-Flight events" button again.

Did you run the Parking Check, because that's the trigger that puts FS2Crew into thru flight mode for the next leg.

Looking at the code now, if thru flight is active, the FO will "not" run numerous tests during preflight, such as the GPWS test, windsheer test, overspeed test, wx radar test, and others.

The stall test is always done.  I guess that's just the way they did it at the airline we modeled.

For the takeoff flap, did you try changing the value with the mouse button?

So here's what I'm doing, I finish the parking checklist and then it has the Leaving aircraft, what I do is then go to the CFG panel and press ON the 'Start' button again and it begins counting down, it still stays at leaving aircraft though so I press the arrow to skip it to pre-flight, the FO then goes through his checks again...

Just realized to change the Flap setting I need to dial it in on the actual aircraft as fs2c panel isn't clickable for flaps, eeek 

One other little bug bear is see the cabin sounds, even with it turned to lowest before you turn them off with the PA knob they're still a little bit loud with the flight deck and its hard to hear the FO over them, any chance you could increase the audio difference level wise from Low to high? or even a muffled version as if heard from cabin maybe

Edited by rdtv91
typo

5 hours ago, rdtv91 said:

So here's what I'm doing, I finish the parking checklist and then it has the Leaving aircraft, what I do is then go to the CFG panel and press ON the 'Start' button again and it begins counting down, it still stays at leaving aircraft though so I press the arrow to skip it to pre-flight, the FO then goes through his checks again...

Yes, that's correct.  In the next version, I'll make it so it auto skips back to when you Run the Pre Flight events for the 2nd leg.

We'll see what I can do about the PA volume.

Cheers,