Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Ezdok v2.6 is incredible!

I've had a few awesome flights this week and I just had to post this.  I've had the original Ezdok for many years and enjoyed it, though I have to admit I didn't understand how to get the effects exactly right.  I now have version 2.6, and as before it's pretty complicated and takes a lot of time to get your settings matched to your specific taste.  So that's the bad news.  However, once you have tweaked it to your satisfaction, it's incredible!  I have various vibration effects that come and go depending on the circumstances.  Start the engine up (engine vibration), thrust down the runway (another vibration), flying through turbulence (rocks the plane around), lowering flaps (subtle vibration effect) and landing gear (more drag means a heavier vibration).  Every phase of flight can be addressed effect wise, and I'm just really pleased this has matured to the level it has.    

• Like 4

Me too! Now I just hope it works when with my Samsung Odyssey when I get it:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Me too! Now I just hope it works when with my Samsung Odyssey when I get it:biggrin:

I'd be curious to hear if it works with VR at all - my impression was that it did not work in VR, certainly not with Fly-Inside.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Agreed too !!!

By the way, the EZdok studio is still some kind of horrific, but even with >>default<< settings you can get decent results in most planes and - of course - which is far far better than nothing.

Especially in combination with TrackIR and a force-feedback vibration cushion-seat it rewards you with deep immersion  --> bought this FFB device here: https://andres.shop/

So, for me there is ABSOLUTELY no need to jump on the VR Hype Train.

Let me remark three things on EZdok:

1) The developer - Username: Marninftarr - is very responsive to his customers.  Altthough English - like me - is not his mother tongue; if interested, give a quick look here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-5-beta-p3d4-p3d3-and-fsx-here_topic58324.html

2)  In the meanwhile I've done a lots of tests on my rig, but EZdok seems to be  v e r y  performance friendly and you can link it via Affintiy Mask ( I use Process Lasso - an absolute MUST HAVE for all my sims) to your preferred core easily.

3) And you can use this remarkable camera tool still offline.  No annoyances like online force (if you want to use just a small tool like this) or limited offline use before the tool gets locked - jut a few examples how inappropriate some Developers behave today - which would be a no-go for me and certainly for many other users too.

Just my two cents :)

Best regards to all of you,

Konrad

• Like 2

Agreed 100%, another strong point of EZCA for me is their comprehensive head and hull motion generators.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Started with EZCA v1, moved to EZCA v2, then CP, then again EZCA and settled with CP for a while now... As I read this topic I conclude I have to try out EZCA again :).

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Thank you all for the kind words addressed to EZCA2. :cool:

And be sure to note when you adjust the level of effects - the mechanism of shaking from turbulence and mechanization is a separate channel effects which coloniale mixed into another channel is the DHM - effect of head movement of the pilot based on the structure of the skeleton and cervical spine and depending on the motion and accelerations of the aircraft. Thus, combining both types of effect can achieve a very real presence effect.

If anyone has a desire to try the effects that I did for myself, you can import my camera-sets. Initially, make a backup of your settings to return them back if you so desire.

• Like 3

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

3 hours ago, KBUR said:

And you can use this remarkable camera tool still offline. 

The thought-terminating reason for EZDOK.

ANY developer who forces the user to be online to use his product should be nailed to his coding PC.

• Like 4

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

30 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

Thank you all for the kind words addressed to EZCA2. :cool:

And be sure to note when you adjust the level of effects - the mechanism of shaking from turbulence and mechanization is a separate channel effects which coloniale mixed into another channel is the DHM - effect of head movement of the pilot based on the structure of the skeleton and cervical spine and depending on the motion and accelerations of the aircraft. Thus, combining both types of effect can achieve a very real presence effect.

If anyone has a desire to try the effects that I did for myself, you can import my camera-sets. Initially, make a backup of your settings to return them back if you so desire.

I need to figure out how to retain my own custom views for aircraft that I created, and add these effects for trials without disturbing my views.

Is it possible at all?

Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Is it possible at all?

Function on connecting effects to a pre-configured cameraset is currently under development. But if you like the effects in any of my sets, I can take them out separately as a CORE/HEAD profile and you can connect them to your set through the effects Manager. If you are interested, send me a private message with the camera set with the desired effect.

• Like 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I reinstalled EZCA yesterday to try it out. After a little getting (re-)used to it, I loaded @Nickbe settings from here:

19 hours ago, Nickbe said:

I must say..wow...I forgot how good the effects are. I was never in a cockpit but the camera movement seems so natural.

Also the changing from cam to cam is so damn smooth...I think I'll stick to EZCA for longer.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

I am still using the old version 1.X which works well, and frankly, I am too lazy to have to set up all my views and motion effects again for all the aircraft I have. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think there's an import feature from old 1.x. There are also default views that are imediate active, 4 different effect presets from light to heavy ACFT and there are already some cam sets defind that you can DL.

V2 is a game changer for sure!

Gerald K. - Germany