Sign in to follow this  
Mindframe85

PRO ATC/X for P3Dv4.2

I'm thinking of buying this, but would like to ask the community first. If anyone knows, does PRO ATC/X support the CRJ 700/900? Also, how is the co pilot feature in this? 

Officially no, there is no CRJ in the default model database, so you have to add it on your own (Data you will find online or in the AS Manuals). Besides that, it works as intended. However, I personally never use the "Co-Pilot" Feature except for switching the radio frequencies.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

the co-pilot functions in my opinion work well for atc comms and comm radio switching as required in true PNF style except for initial clearances etc that are initiated by the PF but done by the PNF..... in all planes.

other functions such as setting flaps / gear / speed callouts are limited to stock / default planes ..... and not that well done.

for now, cheers

john martin

I recommend you buy it, if flying offline is your thing this product will bring you a lot of joy especially if you fly in Europe, the ATC will assign you SID and STARS, it will generate ATC chatter, etc.

This video will give you an overview: 

Note the video has other add-on's, but the ATC is using PRO-ATCX

Best Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

simbol

I overestimated ..... do you seriously enjoy atc chatter ??

for now, cheers

john martin

9 minutes ago, vadriver said:

simbol

I would not fly without ATC chatter. It adds so much to the immersion. I have the original ATC chatter files by George Zimmerman, which are no longer available as he passed away about a year ago, but but now there are excellent ATC chatter files available from  https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-atc-chatter-sample-collection/     . They are easy to install in PATC, I posted on the PATC forum in this thread, step by step instructions on how to modify these files to work Perfectly with PATC. You have to join the forum to read this thread.  http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php/topic,2991.0.html

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, vadriver said:

simbol

I don't know what do you mean, I am explaining what the product does as people is asking so I want them to have the information.

The software generates different types of ATC communications, one which is just ATC chatter and another which is the communication between the AI traffic flying around the user.

What do I enjoy or not is totally irrelevant on this topic.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AnkH said:

Officially no, there is no CRJ in the default model database, so you have to add it on your own (Data you will find online or in the AS Manuals). Besides that, it works as intended. However, I personally never use the "Co-Pilot" Feature except for switching the radio frequencies.

I guess that answers my question. I'm currently learning the CRJ 700/900 right now, but if PRO ATC X focuses more on airliners and not fully function with the default models then I think I'll pass on it. I was mostly looking for an ATC tool that can assist me with startup, taxi, takeoff, flight, and approach. As for flight planning I also saw that Pro ATC X has a flight planning feature that you can upload to your aircraft. Not so sure on the other add ons cause I haven't looking into them yet. Someone else on a live stream had said that Pro ATC X doesn't direct ground traffic from the tower, which kind of is a bummer. Hope I'm wrong though. So that's why I wanted to ask before I hit purchase. 

46 minutes ago, Mindframe85 said:

I guess that answers my question. I'm currently learning the CRJ 700/900 right now, but if PRO ATC X focuses more on airliners and not fully function with the default models then I think I'll pass on it. I was mostly looking for an ATC tool that can assist me with startup, taxi, takeoff, flight, and approach. As for flight planning I also saw that Pro ATC X has a flight planning feature that you can upload to your aircraft. Not so sure on the other add ons cause I haven't looking into them yet. Someone else on a live stream had said that Pro ATC X doesn't direct ground traffic from the tower, which kind of is a bummer. Hope I'm wrong though. So that's why I wanted to ask before I hit purchase. 

If you are happy with default aircraft, then maybe you should stick to default ATC. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It has a lot of promise but it is very buggy and crashes to desk top a lot.  I have been very frustrated with it.

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you are happy with default aircraft, then maybe you should stick to default ATC. 

Seems like that might be the right approach lol. How about Multi Crew Experience? Is there a way I can still use that without a headset? Possible?

17 hours ago, simbol said:

....I am explaining what the product does as people is asking so I want them to have the information.

simbol

apologies .... a bad choice of word after misreading the intent of your mentioning chatter etc.

for me, any chatter in PATC I'm sure interferes with the your own as well as AI's comms, thus my negativity & surprise that others use chatter.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, Mindframe85 said:

.......How about Multi Crew Experience? Is there a way I can still use that without a headset? Possible?

sorta but not recommended ...... you need a mic of some type as MCE is voice activated & most I think would recommend a boom mike on a headset to minimise background noise for best results.

for now, cheers

john martin

8 hours ago, Mindframe85 said:

At least PATC directs YOU to the holding point of your RWY, but it does not direct the AI traffic on ground. AFAIK there is no ATC add-on that does this.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

47 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

At least PATC directs YOU to the holding point of your RWY, but it does not direct the AI traffic on ground. AFAIK there is no ATC add-on that does this.

Yet.. :wink

S.