Sign in to follow this  
N2382R

GSX and SODE

No issues until today. No changes to anything...

GSX says that there's a SODE jetway in the parking position configurator. However, it throws an error stating that "no jetway can operate in this position" when you try to operate the jetway through the GSX menu. However, you can without any problems operate the gate via the SODE menu. What gives? Anyone experience something similar?

Happens at every airport with SODE jetways.

Might be better to post this problem at the FSDT Forums, no? Personally, I had not yet found the time to test the newest GSX update, might be that they did something wrong there...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have this with all updated to latest SODE version DD airports as well,

did not try the SODE menu 

Is it afcad related ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It's probably related to the AFCAD. GSX reads the parking information (name/number) from the AFCAD in use, and it sends it to SODE so, if the AFCAD is the one from another scenery, they will likely not match.

Check the AFCAD used by GSX to be the one the scenery comes with. If it's not, be sure the scenery has an higher priority in the Scenery Library (which GSX will respect) and/or, be sure you don't have any other conflicting AFCADs. If you have, remove them when the sim is not running.

If that doesn't work, try a "Restart and Rebuild the Airport cache" from the Couatl menu, which is not always required, but it might if a file has been deleted/renamed.

would have posted on their forums but was waiting for my application to be approved :)

So I saw a bunch of threads with similar issues on there. Unforutnately, they all ended without a resolve. I was able to resolve in a rather simple way. It was not AFCAD or scenery related as for me it happened randomly without any changes or updates at airports where it had worked perfectly in the past 24 hours. My solution was as follows:

1. Open SODE Windows utility.

2. Unregister SODE from Prepar3d.

3. Run P3D and then quit.

4. Re-register SODE with Prepar3d.

That solved the issue. Not sure what was behind it to be honest.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:58 AM, N2382R said:

would have posted on their forums but was waiting for my application to be approved :)

I applied a couple of times and never received a response.  Last I read here there were still problems with DD scenery not being compatible with SODE 1.6.2, fixes work in progress.  I've not had any problems with GSX and SODE interaction.

Dan Downs KCRP

What is Tab+S in Europe keyboards ? I am living in Denmark and nothing works after this update.

Only Flightbeam seems to be working out of the box .

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

What is Tab+S in Europe keyboards ? I am living in Denmark and nothing works after this update.

Only Flightbeam seems to be working out of the box .

Thanks

Michael Moe

I added Shift+J as an alternate key command for SODE, since the Tab is used by all FMS-equipped PMDG aircraft and prevents Tab+S from working.  Just add the line, "SecondaryTextMenuHotkey=Shift+j" to the General section of the SimObjectDeisplayEngine.ini file in the programdata\12bPilot\SODE folder.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

47 minutes ago, downscc said:

I added Shift+J as an alternate key command for SODE, since the Tab is used by all FMS-equipped PMDG aircraft and prevents Tab+S from working.  Just add the line, "SecondaryTextMenuHotkey=Shift+j" to the General section of the SimObjectDeisplayEngine.ini file in the programdata\12bPilot\SODE folder.

Hey Dan, Thanks for that tip! I'm currently adding SODE jetways to my home airport using the PMDG 737 as the test aircraft and of course the Tab+S wasn't working. Also, I was wondering if SODE jetways worked with AI like the default jetways did. Well... lo and behold there is the setting in the SimObjectDeisplayEngine.ini file and now they work. The setting is there I assume is for performance issues.

[General]
WatchdogEnable=False
SecondaryTextMenuHotkey=Shift+j
DebugMode=False
SoundEngineDisable=False
[JetwaySystem]
JetwaySoundEnable=True
ForceHorizontalJetwayForRotation=True
[AISystem]
DetectionEnable=True

JetwaySoundEnable=False

Wonder what this does:" WatchdogEnable=False" A dog barks when the jetway moves 🙂

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.