Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Missing import button in GTN750?

Hi all-

I'm trying to import a route from SimBrief into the GTN.

Menu > Catalog > No import button

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks, Mark

Menu > Catalog > Menu

and be sure that the file to be imported is already located in the correct folder.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Harry-

No joy, path is...

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL

Also of note, before I added the SimBrief KLAS-KSFO.gfp, there was and existing route, KTEB-KMVY.gfp in there which was never available as well. It's like the Import button was never there to begin with. I don't know.

48 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'm trying to import a route from SimBrief into the GTN.

How do you create the .gfp file at SimBrief?  I'm not finding it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, newtie said:

Via the FMS Downloader.

OK Found it!  Thanks!

See it requires a program be installed locally.  The tutorial refers to multiple formats but does not list the formats.  So it can create .gfp.  Can it create .fpl files as well?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It won't show with incompatible plans if I remember correctly, I'll have to check. But if the plan file contained just some junk you get the same result. Might be thinking of another one.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

OK Found it!  Thanks!

See it requires a program be installed locally.  The tutorial refers to multiple formats but does not list the formats.  So it can create .gfp.  Can it create .fpl files as well?  

The local downloader lists aircraft/devices(GTN750), file types etc. in table form for export.

Take look there.

50 minutes ago, riwig said:

newtie,

Currently there are some of us having problem with the import of flight plans. See this thread: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/f1gtncomplete-v2-04-no-fpl-import_topic59209.html

Richard

Looks to me like a low priority and they're blowing people off.

Anyway, I can always create my flight plans with Foreflight, input them manually and save them in the GTN, although I haven't actually done this. I suspect the GTN will be fixed eventually.

Cheers,

Mark

46 minutes ago, SteveW said:

It won't show with incompatible plans if I remember correctly, I'll have to check. But if the plan file contained just some junk you get the same result. Might be thinking of another one.

These are from SimBrief so I'm assuming that's not the issue.

Never make assumptions. I have tested those they are fine. However there is always the possibility it has gone wrong in some way with the downloading or whatever. The GTN system is fine and there are posts on my forums about it's use having no issues in P3Dv4.2 last week in fact. That only leaves the file, so if the file is confirmed in the correct place that only leaves the file content or the possibility it can't be read because of some permission issue a lot have with their sims.

Hmmmm...well if you head on over to SimForums and look at the thread that started back in November, you'll see I've got some company. All those files corrupt?

I'm assuming :biggrin: the file is in the correct place based on my path shown above. There was a file already in there that appears to be from the original install that I didn't add, which now returns us to the missing Import button.

Cheers,

Mark

No only needs one corrupt file - so thank you gentlemen!

5 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hmmmm...well if you head on over to SimForums and look at the thread that started back in November, you'll see I've got some company. All those files corrupt?

I'm assuming :biggrin: the file is in the correct place based on my path shown above. There was a file already in there that appears to be from the original install that I didn't add, which now returns us to the missing Import button.

Cheers,

Mark

I didn't say they all had to be corrupt - did I.

So...that is if it's the one i'm thinking of. As I mentioned, could be another model.