Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Missing import button in GTN750?

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

...By the way. That's not something I thought up last week might be a good idea. That's from the Windows application development manual from Win XP days.

Windows XP? common If you are not using MS-DOS HIMEM.SYS commands then you are not up to speed! :)

S.

Good ole days, back then we were a whisky drinkin and a gamblin and a womanisin! :gaul:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...and we had folders with names like "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data". :blink:

Apps just use a lookup and don't care what the folder name is, usually. So they migrated onto Windows Vista and Win7, Win10 without a hitch if done right.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

22 hours ago, newtie said:

Will it be picked up by aircraft (ex. Flysimware Lear)

Hi, I'm not sure to understand what you mean with 'being picked up' in this case. Can you please elaborate what you are looking for?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorry for the lack of explanation. Anyway, when I bought the Flysimware Lear, it automatically added my Flight1 GTN750 to the dash panel.

Does the RXP version do this as well?

@newtie I understand now, thank you! What you are describing is not something GTN related. It is only the Aircraft vendor as pre-configured its aircraft with a specific 3D cockpit, and panel.cfg for a specific third party gauge. 

Should Flysimware offer the same pre-configuration for their aircraft and the Reality XP GTN, then it would work the same!

Having said this though, unlike any other product on the market, both the Reality XP GTN and the Reality XP GNS ship with a unique in-sim task oriented assistant which makes swapping any gauge on any panel a couple clicks only experience. You don't even need to change aircraft or exit the simulator, it updates the aircraft panel.cfg file right away for you!

As for the VC integration, it is very easy to swap a 'screen only' gauge by ours, aka 'nobezel' option, and I'll let you tour our forums for additional information and even some customer published retrofitted panels!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you!

Also, does your GTN 750 allow for importing of .gfp files?

Cheers,

Mark

On April 9, 2018 at 4:24 PM, RXP said:

The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch also allows you creating a shortcut (.lnk) named "FPLN', instead of a folder, which you can then redirect to any folder on any drive, be it with the latest GTN Trainer 6.41.1 or the quite old 6.21.

The Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 also has flight plan import, with a folder or a file shortcut, and also exports the saved catalog routes to disk via an in-GNS convenient 'export' menu entry!

Yes it does!

As a matter of fact, you can see for yourself easily: our User's Manuals are freely available on www.reality-xp.com/index.html and www.reality-xp.com/index2.html , near the bottom of each page!

On 4/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, RXP said:

Yes it does!

Hi Jean-Luc

Bought and installed the GTN750 into the FlySimware lear last night. Works perfect and painless to put in.

Import flight plan works too!

Thanks!

Mark

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, newtie said:

Bought and installed the GTN750 into the FlySimware lear last night. Works perfect and painless to put in.

Thank you for the update on this, I'm glad our GTN is working for you!

Have you installed it into the aircraft using the in-sim GUI assistant, like for example it is described here for the Xtreme Prototype Lear 25?

In-sim GUI worked for me. I also have the XTremeLabs Lear so at some point I'll give that a try.

Also, one newbie question...What's the difference between the 750 and the 650? Is the 650 a backup GPS or??

Cheers,

Mark