Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

PMDG FSExpo Announcement

I don't think a plane or a new sim, but an application to involve you more in the planning and flight particulars of PMDG (and maybe other) aircraft. I have been impressed by the amount of work that went into the Ops Center...but maybe a new extension of that technology that brings together scenario routing, cargo/passenger loading, fuel calculator, TOPCAT features,etc. that involves you more in the dispatching to flight conclusion level...brings together several tools that exist already in a PMDG slick package.

• Like 1

Scott Robinson

I'm wondering if it something like a 'shared flight deck' or a functional ACARS that integrated with dispatching at PMDG.

Kevin

• Upvote 1

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I would guess it's a complex tool, like an EFB. But I'd also really appreciate a 757/767 package :)

Mathias

• Like 2

best regards, Mathias

A new 'product line' implies something other than a new aircraft or sim platform to me.

IMO there's a market for high-quality flight controllers at a price point between Saitek/Logitech and Go Flight/Virtual-fly.  Something like the Thrustmaster Warthog, but for commercial airliners.

Maybe that's it?

• Upvote 1

Richard P. Kelly

5 hours ago, SKEWR said:

I thought I remember them saying they wanted to setup flight simulators at their base near DC. My guess: Various flight decks modelled off of their addon planes with prices less than the airline full motion sims.

Yeah, that's what I think it is too; they've been talking about this for a few years.  I suspect they're ready to unveil the details and/or platform itself.   

• Upvote 1

Matt King

The ATC thing already mentioned here sounds possible I think... Because of new product line and so on. But 10 years? Maybe if not constant under construction. New simulator sounds not that worth to me for pmdg. IF it is an aircraft I think it could be something wow like the A380. 

Very hard to guess, nice move PMDG, nice move :D

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

11 hours ago, davjg said:

It’s a plane from another planet, another platform is a no go for me. I think it’s 747-800 with rainmaker plus all the goodies that go with it that we never thought could be possible  

David  

It can't be the 747-8 since it's an unannounced product. Product-Line is even further away from your assumption.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I also vote for an ATC that also controls the AI and taxi movements. You know PMDG standards. It would work correctly, every time from gate to gate. I could see that taking 10 years.

I wonder if it's one of those aircraft specific simulator locations RSR has mentioned in the past....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

perhaps an efb, good if it is, but a bit of a shame as that means the -8 is nowhere near release until perhaps 2nd half of year if they show it in June, so it maybe something else entirely :blink:

Simon Hickson

Simon

Finally we're going to get the Woodpigeon! :biggrin:

But I won't be buying an A380.

• Upvote 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

8 hours ago, KJConlon said:

I'm wondering if it something like a 'shared flight deck' or a functional ACARS that integrated with dispatching at PMDG.

I kind of agree on the shared flightdeck functionality.(hoping)