Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

PMDG FSExpo Announcement

Eyes Wide (W)

Eyes Closed (X)

Eyes Blinking (B)

A350 XWB??

But its first flight was in 2013 so I highly doubt its an A350 as the new project has been in development since 2008

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

9 hours ago, tom_nk4 said:

just my 2 cents;

IF IT IS NOT FOR X-PLANE, SHAME ON YOU

Only GA fliers care about xplane...for serious heavy metal fliers there is only 1 platform:  p3dv4.

• Like 3

spacer.png

*sigh* - This is going to be a long ... long ... long thread. Wonder if we'll break the number of pages record for AVSIM?

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

1 hour ago, AAN1718A said:

*sigh* - This is going to be a long ... long ... long thread. Wonder if we'll break the number of pages record for AVSIM?

Let's try and not do that.

Let's attempt some decorum - a little self-restraint and, most importantly can we stop Fangirling - it's really quite awful witnessing, for the most part - and I'm only assuming here - grown men, throw away their dignity with such impunity at such an ambiguous announcement by a major dev.

Let's put the begging bowls away chaps. And let our good judgement come to bear, and indeed, judge - come the day.

Or, we are just gimps.

It will all be done and dusted in two months then you will find out were all wrong.:laugh:

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I know it's a long shot, but hoping for some sort of regional jet. An E170/175 would be amazing.

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

An Embraer would be amazing! 

Personally I still doubt it's an airplane... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Personally I still doubt it's an airplane... 

Me too. This would have been a more or less „standard announcement“. 

I still think it will be what they actually have already spoken about: EFB/ACARS for the existing PMDG fleet. And maybe this will also explain the delay of the J41.. taking out the FMC but holding it back to have access to the EFB. 

Imagine an EFB for your 737 models, 777 models... having te ability to search for all your TO performance data inside the airplane instead of the requirement of thos „unrealistic“ V-speed calculation or Topcat that isn‘t supported anymore and has actually never been as intended.. Digital QRH on board... in my opinion this is the most likely reason for the comments over the past 1-2 years... Robert wrote he was working on an ACARS for the Queen, they delayed the J41 for sudden problems and a more important project... got it? :D

I really hope for it. 

Maybe in coop with Navigraoh and foreflight? Would be amazing imho :D

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

Me too. This would have been a more or less „standard announcement“. 

I still think it will be what they actually have already spoken about: EFB/ACARS for the existing PMDG fleet. And maybe this will also explain the delay of the J41.. taking out the FMC but holding it back to have access to the EFB. 

Imagine an EFB for your 737 models, 777 models... having te ability to search for all your TO performance data inside the airplane instead of the requirement of thos „unrealistic“ V-speed calculation or Topcat that isn‘t supported anymore and has actually never been as intended.. in my opinion this is the most likely reason for the comments over the past 1-2 years... Robert wrote he was working on an ACARS for the Queen, they delayed the J41 for sudden problems and a more important project... got it? :D

I really hope for it. 

Agreed... Although, personally, I see an EFB more of a gimmick, than actually useful in a VC - unless you're using VR or something...
In my experience it's difficult to utilize efficiently and hard to read unless you really zoom in. This also takes your view away from other instruments and the windows... 

On the other hand, I guess it all depends on the implementation. Captain Sim has done it previously in their 777 - and it was more or less useless in my opinion, since the controls within the VC in the sim is to restricted. In real life, you have two hands and can turn your head. I kinda feel like in the sim, that I only have one hand available - and when I need to turn my head, zoom (lean forward) or change view, that hand is occupied for doing anything else. Because of this restriction, an EFB becomes very hard to use as you would in real life, since you can't glance or quickly take a look at something on it. Personally I would prefer an external application or an iPad/tablet on the side of my computer. For performance data (while on the ground) I guess it could be useful - but for reading airport and approach charts, I find it hard to use properly, given the above sim constraints...

Anyway - this is of course just my humble opinon...

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Maybe they are going to start making addon airports? Considering the GIF that Kyle posted, it could be....

Eyes Open / Eyes Closed / Eye Wink

Kyle posted the GIF....

KOCW - Washington Warren Airport

Not expected from PMDG because - it's an airport, and it's for GA planes

I really need to get a life :unsure:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Agreed... Although, personally, I see an EFB more of a gimmick, than actually useful in a VC - unless you're using VR or something...
In my experience it's difficult to utilize efficiently and hard to read unless you really zoom in. This also takes your view away from other instruments and the windows... 

On the other hand, I guess it all depends on the implementation. Captain Sim has done it previously in their 777 - and it was more or less useless in my opinion, since the controls within the VC in the sim is to restricted. In real life, you have two hands and can turn your head. I kinda feel like in the sim, that I only have one hand available - and when I need to turn my head, zoom (lean forward) or change view, that hand is occupied for doing anything else. Because of this restriction, an EFB becomes very hard to use as you would in real life, since you can't glance or quickly take a look at something on it. Personally I would prefer an external application or an iPad/tablet on the side of my computer. For performance data (while on the ground) I guess it could be useful - but for reading airport and approach charts, I find it hard to use properly, given the above sim constraints...

Anyway - this is of course just my humble opinon...

I found TFDi‘s solution in the 717 pretty good. They included it as a „plug and play“ option into an „in game“ tablet attachable to the window. FSL have made an MCDU usable with ipad or tablet... the 748 and 777 have the EFB mounted to both sides. Using the a button (or track IR or VR or chaseplane) the access is not too difficult. But I personally fly with a zoom level of 0,8 to 1,0 depending on the airplane... 

but we will see

Edited by Ephedrin
Too many typos. Man, I just woke up and yet have to think...

I think it's some implementation of a CPDLC & ACARS interface, with clients for VATSIM, Pilotedge or even some custom ATC software, like Pro-ATC/X.

An tablet-based EFB app with failures (i.e. an Instructor's station) would also be great.

Full working A380 with BTV that works with any default or 3rd party airport 

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

34 minutes ago, mataus said:

Full working A380 with BTV that works with any default or 3rd party airport 

Wouldn’t that be something..

..... other product line .....???

ATC or Weather engine addon. Or RC models in PMDG colors :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by letec