Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

PMDG FSExpo Announcement

3 hours ago, Michael235 said:

With the demise of Flight Sim World I am starting to believe that a new flight simulator is what will be announced.

In the post RSR stated that was five years ago and the efforts of the group that PMDG was/is part of wasn't able to "compete" with what Dovetail could offer, so I'm not really with the idea of a PMDG simulation platform.

Shared cockpit as explained above seems like the most plausible to me of what I've read in this thread although I would really wish for a fully working 787...

• Like 1

Regards,

Johannes Butz

CPU: Intel i5 7600k @4.6Ghz Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @3.2Ghz Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Sound: M-Audio Super DAC II fixed @16bit 44.1Khz

11 hours ago, HighFlier said:

Must be a different HighFlier, I never went to an AVSIM meeting in Wichita.

Although if PMDG did release a shared cockpit I’d still be happy to take you up on that offer to fly together.

Sorry, it must be the other HiFlyer with the cat image in his profile.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

1 hour ago, jackie30138924 said:

Somehow, it seems nobody remembers the Russian airliner is basically missing from the market.

Jackie Leung

I'm fine that it's missing:  if it's Russian it would just be a low grade copy cat of a western airliner.  I'd walk before I risked my life on a Russian airliner.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

Hmmmmm....

RSR/PMDG has been in development of this for 10 years.  About the time I started as a Beta Tester.  There are a couple of Beta Testers that like to read RSR's tea leaves and so far we are batting....0%  Ok not 0% but I will tell you that it isn't a whole like higher than that.  But being around as a PMDG Customer and then Beta, I think I know what it won't be...

Boeing 7x7 or Airbus A3xx or some other aircraft

It doesn't take PMDG that long to get a product out the door, I am not aware of any RW aircraft that will not license itself out to sims.  Even Airbus is now helping the FS world, but just some personal comments I have had with RSR....I don't think this will be something with a French/German Accent or made in Toulouse/Hamburg.  I would love for PMDG to do a 787 or 757/767 but those just don't take 10 years to do.  RSR could have been super patient and waited for Level-D to finally go up for sale, but even that is a bit of fiction I can't swallow.

PMDG FS

Talk about guessing TWO versions of FSX (Flight and FSW) would come out and fail due to stupidity (Sorry I never liked the terms for third party devs for either one) and then turn around and release their own?  Building a Sim takes hundreds/thousands of man years (programming speak) to program millions of lines of code.  RSR is smarter than that and UNLESS several other devs jumpped into some co-agreement, it could cost a lot of money and never gain it back.

Complete X-Plane Catalog

I've seen way too many comments to know PMDG has not been secretely developing its entire catalog for X-Plane.  Ok I could be wrong and if I am, RSR please sent me a PMDG hat so I can eat it!!!  Also please assign me to the Airbus Type Fleet where I can serve out my lifetime punishment!  I know PMDG will take a look at ALL sims out there and if there is a COMMERCIAL need and one that is profitable; they will consider it as long as it functionally isn't compromised. (No watered down versions)  PMDG has said many times that they learned a painful lesson with the MD-11, it was a plane they wanted to build but commercially it was a flop.  RSR said they lead with now with their research and not their hearts.

... And Finally what it isn't!

MD-11.  The ONLY way I can see PMDG doing an MD-11 is if they put it in their Classics line.  But too many interviews, too many posts, to many emails I know that PMDG has moved on and MD-11 will probably be left for many other devs to pursue.  Again see my comment above, RSR can send me a PMDG hat and have me eat it if I am wrong.

What it is!

I really don't know.  It is fun to think about it, it is fun to think I know; but right now I couldn't tell you.  Could it be some cool ATC addon, maybe.  Could it be PMDG is going into the Home Cockpit business; sure but not certain it will make millions of dollars and will have broad appeal.  I hope to be there when RSR takes the stage and tells us, like the rest of you I am dying to know!

Edited by StarBlue
  • Like 1

It cant be a new sim. That deal fell through bidding on ESP and outbid by DTG.   A product Line indicates its multiple products.  (The RSR PMDG clothing line. Get your new T-Shirt, sweat shirt, bomber jacket, rain jacket, hat, gloves and even socks lol) In any case, it sounds expensive and premium.  The latest aircraft are 3+ years in development and they cost 130.00 ish.  Cant imagine what a 10 year development project and the sales needed to recoup those costs would be. 

Outside the 10 year project, im still pinning my hopes and dreams that its a .00001% chance on a new MD11 for P3D V4 Finally. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

5 hours ago, sbclark said:

Sorry, it must be the other HiFlyer with the cat image in his profile.

Bill Clark

I'm the Scatman!! (But no, I was never at that meeting either, sorry)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I guess I'll add my guess to the mystery. If PMDG has been working on a new product line for 10 years than I guessing its not a 787, 767 or 757. It does't take them that long to put out a Boeing aircraft seeing they have a good relationship with Boeing. Besides the market is already saturated with these models. 

I don't think they will bring the MD-11 back because they have stated so numerous times and they already have the data for it so I'm ruling it out. 

I don't think its an Airbus. Wasn't there a post that PMDG is not a big fan of the Airbus? Also the market has FSLabs and Aerosoft. 

I don't think it's a add-on for flightsim because it doesn't take 10 years of development and 64bit was only a dream back then. 

The announcement refereed to a “product line' that has been in planning and development since 2008 which make me believe its an aircraft. What is missing is a good e-jet or business jet for the community. These two would defiantly fall under a product line category. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

It will never be a new MD11 since iirc the programmer who owns much of the code left pmdg a while back and took his code with him.

spacer.png

With regard to the time period, in this purely-for-fun guessing game we shouldn't discount anything due to the ten year period. That doesn't necessarily mean continued development, and look to the 772ER for comparison- that's going on 4.5 years since the original 77L released. RSR has clearly stated all the valid reasons for it remaining on the pending list, so our mystery product line could have been in a similar situation.

I'm thinking PMDG Members-Only jackets and matching MPGMDGA hats...

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

My two cents, possibly either an EFB and an outside chance of some improved type of ATC?

30 minutes ago, Zentosi said:

My two cents, possibly either an EFB and an outside chance of some improved type of ATC?

I still think it’s an aircraft. Again going back to the production line statement. Also those items would be just a standard announcement. Making a major release announcement at what is probabaly the largest FlightSim event ever rates more than a EFB/ATC release. It is probably something that is going to take PMDG to a new level. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm the Scatman!! (But no, I was never at that meeting either, sorry)

Wow...that's quite the throwback...

Thanks for that - haha.

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

It will never be a new MD11 since iirc the programmer who owns much of the code left pmdg a while back and took his code with him.

Chris,

That made me laugh out loud. Where do you guys GET this stuff?

There is no truth to anything you just said.  Not even a little.

• Like 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Chris,

That made me laugh out loud. Where do you guys GET this stuff?

There is no truth to anything you just said.  Not even a little.

So you can work on the code to make it work for P3D v4? :P
A MD11 is truly a missing masterpiece in P3D v4 :(

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware