Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

PMDG FSExpo Announcement

1 hour ago, BillC said:

But I won't be buying an A380.

I would!

David Porrett

I'll be spending an ungodly amount of time in P3D if it's the 787. That, combined with the 747-8f is going to be heaven.

Considering that almost every high-end developer are releasing products for XP11 these days, I would love if this would be also the case for PMDG. At least an updated version of the DC6 would be appreciated, but I doubt it. 

As for a new sim, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if that is the case imho.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

How about a new cockpit builders suite. I know a few builders who use the NGX as a base, but it’s a bit difficult as you need a single machine to run the aircraft and sim. Now imagine a full line of Aircraft suites for the builder, based on the systems fidelity we know and love from PMDG, but highly optimised for networked computers, spreading the load across two, three or more machines. They could take over the cockpit builders market in with the 737, 747 and 777.  

I hope not the B757

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I don`t see them taking 10years on an aircraft Boeing can build them quicker than that, may be a PC training simulator for there aircraft. We will find out in time.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Wish it was the MD-11 for P3DV4... But it's most probably not that.

• Like 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Flight aware - 2018-04-06 10:40

45 MD-11

31 747-8

Just saying ;)

• Like 1

Reading all the comments and I have no idea only RD and PMDG know.

1. Can't be an aircraft would have announced by now with the length of development.

2. Home cockpit or cockpit builders suite too small a market - And not at the Flightsim expo

3. MD11 - Nah sorry although I wish they would.

4. EFB - Big possibility along the similar lines to the Flight 1 GTN series - That would make sense

5. New sim, they cant be that stupid P3D and XP11 only platform moving forward.

6. Descent ATC package - Can only dream.

My guess EFB, much needed in the cockpit, right timeline and launched across their project range come June. Every aircraft they do uses  one except the DC-6. Yep that's it an EFB. Although the ATC if they got it right would be a close second.

Cheers Miles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smileybeaches said:

Reading all the comments and I have no idea only RD and PMDG know.

1. Can't be an aircraft would have announced by now with the length of development.

2. Home cockpit or cockpit builders suite too small a market - And not at the Flightsim expo

3. MD11 - Nah sorry although I wish they would.

4. EFB - Big possibility along the similar lines to the Flight 1 GTN series - That would make sense

5. New sim, they cant be that stupid P3D and XP11 only platform moving forward.

6. Descent ATC package - Can only dream.

My guess EFB, much needed in the cockpit, right timeline and launched across their project range come June. Every aircraft they do uses  one except the DC-6. Yep that's it an EFB. Although the ATC if they got it right would be a close second.

Cheers Miles

Looks like a very logical argument you make.

Dinshaw Parakh.

The EFB has already been announced somewhat in the - now years long- B748 previews. Has to be something else....

• Like 1

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

8 minutes ago, xkoote said:

The EFB has already been announced somewhat in the - now years long- B748 previews. Has to be something else....

I was thinking the same but maybe not as big announcements every one thinks, the announcement is that will come across the whole fleet not just the 748 that they showed a few months ago. PR is wonderful.

Cheers Miles

Edited by smileybeaches

14 minutes ago, xkoote said:

Well, RSR was quoted with a product line, not a single EFB in one airplane. 

Every EFB is different for every type it's used on. So MAYBE they plan to add this to every airplane in their fleet? They talked about updates that come with the 748 and that will partially be retrofitted into the existing models. Maybe even into the NGX, who knows... THIS, in combination with the ACARS on which RSR has been working (he wrote it in a comment a couple of months ago) would be an amazing addition to the existing PMDG quality. And TBH PMDG has to deliver something.. FSL have gone further into the "living" system of their A320 (sound engine and so on) and I would expect PMDG coming around with the next hammer... And an EFB is almost as much wanted as a new MD-11 (can't resist xD)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Well, RSR was quoted with a product line, not a single EFB in one airplane. 

Every EFB is different for every type it's used on. So MAYBE they plan to add this to every airplane in their fleet? They talked about updates that come with the 748 and that will partially be retrofitted into the existing models. Maybe even into the NGX, who knows... THIS, in combination with the ACARS on which RSR has been working (he wrote it in a comment a couple of months ago) would be an amazing addition to the existing PMDG quality. And TBH PMDG has to deliver something.. FSL have gone further into the "living" system of their A320 (sound engine and so on) and I would expect PMDG coming around with the next hammer... And an EFB is almost as much wanted as a new MD-11 (can't resist xD)

RSR already said it won't go into the NGX, as the NGX is being replaced with the NG3. I doubt it's EFB related at all.

what can you want more from such an announcement than already five pages of publicity :blink:

• Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080