Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

Switch to outside views

Can someone please help me with the following problem I am experiencing in P3D v4.2.

I am flying a PMDG a/c with Active Sky active and after a sertain period (maybe 10 minutes or so) the view automatically changes from the inside (flightdeck) view to an outside view. If I am fast enough with my mouse it will return to the inside view but in the event I am not the outside view will remain and I have no clue (other then resetting P3D) how to correct it. Tosay I had to terminate my flight in Vatsim because of the aforementioned.

Apreciate any help I can get.

kind regrads

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

6 hours ago, karmelk said:

Can someone please help me with the following problem I am experiencing in P3D v4.2.

I am flying a PMDG a/c with Active Sky active and after a sertain period (maybe 10 minutes or so) the view automatically changes from the inside (flightdeck) view to an outside view. If I am fast enough with my mouse it will return to the inside view but in the event I am not the outside view will remain and I have no clue (other then resetting P3D) how to correct it. Tosay I had to terminate my flight in Vatsim because of the aforementioned.

Apreciate any help I can get.

kind regrads

Dirk

So you can't get back to it via the S/A keys or View/Change View menu?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It would also help to know what kind of controller(s) you are using and if you have any specific software like EZDOK or TrackIR running.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi

If you have chase plane it is set to change to outside cinematic view after a period of time. This can be turned off if not wanted. I use a button on my yoke to turn it on or off.I use an older Razer Nastromo for TrackIR pause plus quite a few of the commands you dont want in your flight controls so that I never have to reach for the keyboard since its foot print is much smaller and less intrusive.

Ken

Are you using Chaseplane?  That has an option to default to an outside view if no keyboard activity above 18,000 feet.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

Jeff, Ken and others thanks for your immediate replies but I am still in the dark.

1/ for Ken: how and where do I turn off outside cinematic view?

2/ for Jeff: same question regarding outside view if no keyboard activity above 18000 feet?

Regards

Dirk

Hi

This is straight from Chaseplane site.

Cinematic Mode

Cinematic Mode can be manually enabled by clicking the Play button located next to the camera modes in the top-right of the Camera pages.

Alternatively, you can enable it from the In-Sim View Selector or via a key or button shortcut set in the Preferences.

By default, Cinematic Mode will auto enable after 10 minutes of inactivity when flying above FL180. This behavior can be changed in the preferences.

You can also manually interact with the cinematic viewpoint using the same controls you use to move the normal cameras.

The following options are available in the Preferences > Camera section of ChasePlane:

Change camera angle every X sec.: ChasePlane will automatically change the camera angle after a set amount of time. You can change how long each angle lasts or disable the automatic switching altogether by setting the slider to the left and use a control assignment to do request a new angle instead.

Automatic camera motion: Defines how fast the camera is moving the Cinematic Mode. 1x is very slow and 50x is very fast.

Zoom offset: If you feel like the aircraft is framed too tight on your display, you can adjust the zoom offset to zoom out or in as desired.

Auto-Enable above FL180 after X min.: Set how long it takes before Cinematic Mode automatically enables above FL180 (18,000ft). You can disable this feature by setting the slider to the left.

Control override Speed: Sets how fast the camera is going to move if you manually try to control it.

Control override Inertia: Sets how smooth the camera is going to move if you manually try to control it.

Resetting a specific camera axis

You can reset any slider in the Camera > Controls page to the default value by double-clicking the white slider knob.

Alternatively, you can directly input a position in the text box located next to the slider

Here is the URL  

Ken

Ken, thanks a lot for your explanation which I find very helpful.

Dirk