Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

FSDTeam & Cuaolt

Not sure if I have the correct spelling for the "Coault" I had several of these sceneries many years ago and had problems to the extent I removed them...More than likely my problem only...not intending to reflect on the products.

Considering reinstalling as computers, O/S, 64 bit P3d etc have come a long way. My question is..... are people finding this system (Coault) trouble free for install, managing etc of these products? i recall they were very nicely put together and would like to make use of them again. Do they work fine with 4.2 or should I wait for the upcoming 4.3 to reinstall? Many thanks.

Dave

1 minute ago, Mitch24 said:

"Cuaolt" LOL

????

38 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Considering reinstalling as computers, O/S, 64 bit P3d etc have come a long way. My question is..... are people finding this system (Coault) trouble free for install, managing etc of these products? i recall they were very nicely put together and would like to make use of them again. Do they work fine with 4.2 or should I wait for the upcoming 4.3 to reinstall?

I am not a fan of addons that install other addons or utilities to get running: it makes a mess of my system. It's one of the reasons I didn't reinstall GSX after my last reinstall of my PC. But on the other hand: things seemed to work fine and installation was trouble free.

And who said 4.3 was upcoming...? Afaik no one knows yet if there will be a 4.3 and it will probably take months before we see it. So I wouldn't wait for that. (But I am used to reinstalling my entire PC a few times a year so it's no problem for me.)

Umberto (Virtuali FSDT) is a very dedicated developer and takes his work effort very seriously.  Yes there have been problems with Coualt.exe, for me these have mostly been around "updating" it but for others it's been a smooth experience.  I used to do updates via the message that will popup while in the simulator which was 50/50 on whether it would work on not (possibly security related issues my side). 

I've since opt'd to run the FSDT Updater externally before running P3D and it will automatically check for updates and proceed with the latest and update my files ... this method has ALWAYS worked for me with no exceptions.

GSX (and FSDT airports) keep getting updated with new features and it's extremely flexible and powerful (very impressive in what it can do including refueling trucks that will actually animate fuel amount going into the aircraft, De-icers that work very well, all vehicles support dynamic lights, long list of supporting aircraft and you can download custom GSX files that the community has created).  More importantly you can expect to see some impressive improvements coming out of Umberto in the future for P3D V4.  Umberto has also been very good about keeping up to date with each iteration of P3D V4.x.

Cheers, Rob.

4 minutes ago, J van E said:

no one knows yet if there will be a 4.3

I think you mean no one can "say" which is different from "knows".  But I agree, with the P3D Client Only installer process there is no need to wait for another version of P3D.  For what it's worth I've been doing "Client ONLY" installs on my main FS PC since V4.0 and I'm not having any P3D specific issues ... add-ons can cause problems but those are addressed by the add-on developer(s).  Obviously on my test PCs I'm constantly installing and uninstalling full versions, but that's for testing purposes.

Cheers, Rob.

26 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Umberto (Virtuali FSDT) is a very dedicated developer and takes his work effort very seriously.  Yes there have been problems with Coualt.exe, for me these have mostly been around "updating" it but for others it's been a smooth experience.  I used to do updates via the message that will popup while in the simulator which was 50/50 on whether it would work on not (possibly security related issues my side). 

I've since opt'd to run the FSDT Updater externally before running P3D and it will automatically check for updates and proceed with the latest and update my files ... this method has ALWAYS worked for me with no exceptions.

GSX (and FSDT airports) keep getting updated with new features and it's extremely flexible and powerful (very impressive in what it can do including refueling trucks that will actually animate fuel amount going into the aircraft, De-icers that work very well, all vehicles support dynamic lights, long list of supporting aircraft and you can download custom GSX files that the community has created).  More importantly you can expect to see some impressive improvements coming out Umberto in the future for P3D V4.  Umberto has also been very good about keeping up to date with each iteration of P3D V4.x.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for your reply. I last used FSDT products on FSX and got tired of the OOMs and another problem or two so long ago I can't remember. i do member I spent the better part of $100 and ended up parking the products but seeing as I can now reinstall them for P3d all is good. With P3d 64bit i would imagine OOMs for the most part that is a thing of the past. I think I will reinstall into 4.2 & run the updater before starting P3d as per your method. Cheers,

Dave

29 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Thanks Rob, I didn´t know I could run the updater before running P3D,I´ve just did it and it´s great. Thanks for the tip,I hated those pop up messages when running the sim. 

Cheers, Hamilton

• Upvote 1

Hamilton Müller

29 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I think you mean no one can "say" which is different from "knows".

:biggrin: