Sign in to follow this  
LosGenero

ARTCC Center Information and X-plane 11

Hi.

Thanks for awesome program and update. My question is about ARTCC centers. I´we read in the manual, that P3Dv4 and FSX you can update center frequenses, but is such a feature coming in X-Plane too?

Then how is the frequenzy handling from controller to another handled, do I still have set the nautical miles to get handled, or will it be automatised ?

Last question is about clereanses, for example, if I wan´t to fly from Heathrow to Boston, in real life pilot´s do not use phonetical alphabets (Kilo, Bravo, Oscar, Sierra) ??? Instead they ask clereance to Boston, Is that kind of feature coming in to Pilot2ATC in sometime ?

Keep up good work

A base set of ARTCC data is in the P2A database and that is used with all the SIMs.  Also, you can edit the frequencies and center names, regardless of SIM used.

The import of new ARTCC data is the only thing that would be for FSX/P3D as it relies on you having an updated scenery file from one of those SIMs for the import.  Details are in the User's Guide.

You file your flight plan and request clearance.  Only during the readback do you use the ICAO code.  This is because the name of most airports in the database are not always correct and the program cannot always correct them in order to be able to listen for them in the readback.  This is something on the list to be dealt with at some time in the future, if possible.

How about the Controller Radius ? Do I still have to set the distance manually ? I´m not a real world pilot, but I have read, that for example, when crossing Atlantic there is just two centers Shannon and Gander and the airliners do not swap from controller to another, or do they ?

Hello.

No I haven´t yet flyed with the new version, just downloated and checked some settings. I´we been busy at work, I will try flying next week when I have 4 days off. I cheked ATC settings again and the thing that got me litte confused is "Controller Name Radius", "Controller Radius" is gone. English is not my native language and it´s been over 25 years, when I sat in English classes at School, so language skill is a bit in rust. Thanks for clearing ansvers and I will try the new features, I´m planning to fly from San Francisco to Auckland, some 12 hours, It is a good chance to test the new features

Showing ARTCC zones/name/frequency  works fine with X-Plane 11 with P2A v2.5.0.0 :smile:

Editing if necessary works fine too.

Edited by JPR

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Grizwolk: The Controller Name Radius is the distance from the flight plan route that names of airports and controllers are "added" to the grammar so the default of 25 is normally OK. 

YYZ342: The Taxi Mnt screen has an ARTCC tab that lets you see and make changes to Controller Names and frequencies, if needed.