Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

P3dV4.2 shutting down

Is anyone else experiencing it simply closing after 10-20 minutes? Thanks.

Dave

Abnormal for a program to terminate without a CTD.  I would suspect that you might have a heat problem or your PSU is getting weak.

I had a similar problem last year and it did turn out to be my PSU. New one installed and haven't had a reboot or program shutdown since.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

188AHC...Thanks. I'll follow that up.

Dave

It is probably your CPU overheating. I have had the same issue several times since installing 4.2. I haven't gotten an error in the log, but when I get the crash screen, it says that my CPU has overheated. I don't know what it is about 4.2, but it is the only version so far that I have had that has caused my CPU to overheat. I don't have overclock on it or anything. I went into the BIOS and made sure everything was set to default performance and that has seemed to clear up the issue, at least for my most recent flights. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

My P3d doesn't crash so much as just disappear,  a change screens so to speak and it's gone. I then have my regular computer start up screen. I seem to remember reading someone else had something similar happening. Unfortunately I am not able to find it.

Dave

22 hours ago, dbw1 said:

My P3d doesn't crash so much as just disappear,  a change screens so to speak and it's gone. I then have my regular computer start up screen. I seem to remember reading someone else had something similar happening. Unfortunately I am not able to find it.

Dave

Does anything show in the event viewer?

Alan

Not a thing. It just closes the window/shuts down the P3d so smoothly...like changing scenes on a tv. Doesn't happen everytime - just once in a while. Been watching for a trigger but have seen nothing. 

Dave

Edited by dbw1

Based on your symptoms, I still think you might have a heat problem. Do you have any sort of monitoring program that will show you temps?  If so, run it immediately after P3D shuts down.

If you reload P3d does it pick up at the point of the fault or does it reload the program?

Look for CPU-2 and GPU-2 programs (google) and try them. You should see your CPU temps with one and your GPU temps with the other.

Also, in your next post, please list your system specs.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 4/6/2018 at 4:15 PM, b757 said:

It is probably your CPU overheating. I have had the same issue several times since installing 4.2. I haven't gotten an error in the log, but when I get the crash screen, it says that my CPU has overheated. I don't know what it is about 4.2, but it is the only version so far that I have had that has caused my CPU to overheat. I don't have overclock on it or anything. I went into the BIOS and made sure everything was set to default performance and that has seemed to clear up the issue, at least for my most recent flights. 

On 4/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, dbw1 said:

Dave

have you tried deleting your shaders and prepar3d.cfg as recommended by Poppet and Rob in the guide.

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, dbw1 said:

Is anyone else experiencing it simply closing after 10-20 minutes? Thanks.

Dave

I am actually experiencing this sort of thing recently too.

No log in Event Viewer, no BSOD, I'm flying and wham, CTD.  Zero explanation.  Temps look fine, vcore is normal.  No system/hardware changes.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

With the MSI gaming laptops there is a window you can bring up showing cpu and gpu temps, how hard they are working and other perimeters. Mine doesn't get all that hot. The GT73 is very well designed for heat dissipation. So like Ryan I have no idea why this is happening.

Dave

had a similar problem on P3D 4.1, switched memory mode in BIOS from XMP to AUTO and no more crashes, see my thread long time ago on P3D 4.1;

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.