Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Need Potentiometer for Saitek Proflight Yoke

As the title says, I need a potentiometer (roll axis) for my Saitek yoke.  The original one in it now is bad - not just dirty.  I went to the Logitech/Saitek pages but couldn't find any info about getting a replacement.   Anyone know where to purchase one?  Thanks.

Jim

Yeah, pop the lid off the controller, take a picture of the pot -in case orientation is important, yank out the pot and google the part number. Near a Fry's?... Amazon will most certainty connect you to a supplier

I’d be amazed if you manage to source a replacement. They are about the size of a gnat’s kneecap and probably impossible to change. Otherwise there’d be a thriving trade in them and I’ve not seen any discussion on the subject.

Good luck.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, planenut said:

As the title says, I need a potentiometer (roll axis) for my Saitek yoke.

Where are you?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I live in Virginia.

I got the old pot out - even took it apart and cleaned it.   It's easy to check with an analog ohmmeter.  Still no joy.   Very intermittent. Yeah, it is smaller than the standard pot but not that difficult to change.  I'm doing some research on line now to see if I can match it.  It appears to be a 50K ohm pot.

Jim 

I  have found one on Ebay that may work.  Seems to be the correct ohmic value and physical size.  I will post the findings when I receive  and install it.   Will probably be at least a week.

Jim

Just wanted to report on the results of installing the new pot.  The physical size is identical to the original one in the yoke.  The only problem with it is that it doesn't have a flat area on the shaft where it goes into the plastic gear.  Also, the shaft diameter is slightly larger than the gear opening.  I fixed these two problems by taking a Dremel tool and grinding the shaft so that it would fit in the gear.  Installed it and tested it out.  Works great.  

For anyone who might need one, I ordered it through Ebay.  It is identified as a 16mm 50k ohm potentiometer.  This one is for the roll axis.  Not sure what the ohmic value is for the pitch axis although I suspect it is probably the same.  Hope this helps if anyone has to replace one.  It's not too hard of a job.

Jim 

I have replaced my pots with Hall Sensors which were made by a gents from the states. His email is ntydkhe(at)yahoo(dot)com

If you are still after pots then these are the way forward and he is really helpful when it comes to support. Its not a business just a simmer like us who has found a solution for a problem.

Worth dropping him an email.

Edited by charliearon
edit email because of spammers/scammers