Bobsk8

IAS at acceleration altitude

At acceleration  altitude the only option for IAS is 160. Shouldn't it be 185?  

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

At acceleration  altitude the only option for IAS is 160. Shouldn't it be 185?  

Where are you reading that from?  The manuals says 185.

After passing the acceleration altitude, speak in as a single phrase: "FLAPS 0, I A S ONE EIGHTY FIVE, CLIMB CHECKLIST TO THE LINE".

1 hour ago, byork said:

Where are you reading that from?  The manuals says 185.

Button version, once you pass accel altitude, the only option you have is flaps up  IAS 160....... Look at Departure briefing button version.  Menu next to Flaps.   It says in yellow Text  160IAS..No way to select any other speed.  

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Button version, once you pass accel altitude, the only option you have is flaps up  IAS 160....... Look at Departure briefing button version.  Menu next to Flaps.   It says in yellow Text  160IAS..No way to select any other speed.  

Please look on the "Briefing" panel.  You can select the desired speed there for Button Control.  Options are 160, 185, 200 and 240 IAS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, byork said:

Please look on the "Briefing" panel.  You can select the desired speed there for Button Control.  Options are 160, 185, 200 and 240 IAS.

Ah Ha!!!!!!    My goof.  Right clicking on that line allows you to change the IAS speeds.  Been flying this for over a year and never realized that.....

Pilot Error.......:blush:

Thanks......

Shouldn't we use it? MCl 900/850:

-Type I is 210 kias to FL150, this climb is mainly focused on forward speed and burns the most fuel

-Type II 185 kias to FL200, a compromise between forward and vertical speed

-Type III 160 kias to FL250, this gives best climb rate and lowest fuel burn. But you spend longer in the cruise.

You don't get that option in the voice version, it's always 185 KIAS (Bombardier type II climb profile) which is what most airlines seem to use at lower levels. But yes, it is acceptable to use 160 or 200. I don't think you'd use 240 generally for climb.

Posted (edited)

I mainly use: MCL 900  Type I is 210 kias to FL150 after pitch hold ,I seen some real airlines do the same 😉

Edited by niksan29

Intercity SOP is bleeds on and 185 knots at acceleration altitude (type II), but passing FL100, select MCL 900 rpm and accelerate to 210 kts (type I) for each 1000ft above FL150 reduce speed by 5 kts.