Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Newbie to Photo Scenery question about scenery addons

I am just getting into photo scenery and have made some observations therefore questions.I am flying low and slow in Cessna.I have disabled UTX because I noticed bridges etc.I have Megascenery priority above all my add on airports etc.Do I need to disable landclass or anything else?Thank you,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

When using photoscenery, you do not need to disable anything.  If you have Orbx vector or GEX, they won't appear in any photoscenery.  When you leave the area of the photoscenery, then the default textures or Orbx vector or GEX will take over.  No reason to disable UTX either.  In fact, UTX works well with photoscenery.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am using new versions of Megascenery.I am thinking I Should I have UTX and add on scenery at a higher priority than my Megascenery?Thank you,Ron

Not required.  Megascenery will work well with UTX as it places such things as shorelines.  It can be located anywhere in your scenery.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you.What about  other add on airports and my add on scenery folder with afcads?

fades and other

I place MegaScenery just above the default sceneries.  Then the airport sceneries including the Addon Scenery folder.  If you have MyTrafficX, I put that below the MegaSceneries as it has AFCADS in it for airports and I want Megascenery airports or my addon airports to show up instead of the ones in MyTrafficX.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you very much for your help.That clarifies it for me.I have been simming since my Tandy 1000 when guy at Radio Shack gave me Flight Simulator with the computer.Have been getting bored with it but this improved Megascenery has me interested again.Ron

When set up properly, photo scenery is superb.

I fly my PMDG 747 at 500ft over my house everyday and not a word of complaint from my neighbours! :biggrin:

So I should have it below UTX?Should not the coastlines etc be proper in Megascenery.Also it seems I get bridge overlays with UTX enabled.Just. curious.Thanks

Once you have UTX installed and have run the utility and enabled things, the program will automatically add railroad tracks, bridges, coastlines, and other things.  If you do not like any of those things like coastlines, you open up the utility and turn that option off.  Again, UTX is a utility and it could careless where it is in your scenery.cfg.  It does its thing just like FSUIPC does its thing as a utility.  You can get more information at the products support site - https://www.simforums.com/forums/forums.html.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you for explanation about UTX.Just read your post about Oregon and washington.I have FTX scenery there.I assume have to disable it before using Megascenery,right?

FTX scenery works well with Megascenery Washington.  FTX scenery will show up as normal.  When you go outside of the FTX scenery say, south of Seattle, Megascenery will appear.  It is all stunning and very real.

Submit News to AVSIM

I just finished downloading Washington from Fly Away Sim.Thought I would give it a look,

Yes, FlyAway Simulation continues to steal AVSIM Library files and post them on their site.  You have to pay there though if you want a fast download.  Here at AVSIM it is free...

Submit News to AVSIM

Oh thank you for that.I saw a reference to them in Avsim

screenshot forum.