woodbe

no data in PFD MFD on any of my PMDG Aircraft

Recommended Posts

When the aircraft are booted up in FSX, everything seems okay except no data in any of the operating screens. PFD MFD etc. is this an uninstall reinstall situation or just me being dumb?

I recently reinstalled everything due to W10 issue resulting in wiping operating system, so everything has had to be redone. I feel like I have had this issue in the distant past  but can't remember the fix 

Any help? 

 

Thanks 

 

John 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, woodbe said:

When the aircraft are booted up in FSX, everything seems okay except no data in any of the operating screens. PFD MFD etc. is this an uninstall reinstall situation or just me being dumb?

I recently reinstalled everything due to W10 issue resulting in wiping operating system, so everything has had to be redone. I feel like I have had this issue in the distant past  but can't remember the fix 

Any help? 

 

Thanks 

 

John 

 

 

Real name in the forums please both first and last.

 

Are you sure you are not in cold and dark state? If you go outside the planes have gears showing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the screens blank or is there just no numbers and letters? If it’s just missing numbers and letters you could be missing a font in windows. I’ve had that happen with a couple planes in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The aircraft is up and running.  All systems live.  I can program in the FMC with no probem.  Just all of CRT's are there with no A/H,   noEngine details although the circles for the dials are there - no content.  I would like to attach a screen image but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in the forum controls.. 

 

Edited by woodbe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshots have to be uploaded to another website like imgur and the link can be inserted here (option is below the text editor).

it sounds a bit like a simconnect issue. Reinstall simconnect, you can google for the instal file, it should be a .msi i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, woodbe said:

The aircraft is up and running.  All systems live.  I can program in the FMC with no probem.  Just all of CRT's are there with no A/H,   noEngine details although the circles for the dials are there - no content.  I would like to attach a screen image but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in the forum controls.. 

 

It seems that you are missing the fonts as Tom worte. Try repairing through the installer, if this does not work open a ticket to support.precisionmanuals.com.

 

Real name, first and last on the forum please otherwise your posts might be deleted without warning

Edited by Olympic260

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I've recovered from the issue in one aircraft and assume I'll have to repeat the process each and every one.  

Uninstalled B737 8900NGX

I re-installed/repaired FSX and Acceleration

Also downloaded and installed Simconnect.msi  (there were 3)  don't know whether this was necessary but a review of files in FSX showed there was one PMDG simconnect file but it was an odd one - a .dll file last updated in 2014. 

Clean re-install of the B737

That's got things back to what I hope is normal for the 737.  Am test flying as we speak.  

Thanks for suggestions and input.  If it was a font issue, how does one  fix that?? 

Regards

 

John 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, woodbe said:

If it was a font issue, how does one  fix that?? 

 

On 4/7/2018 at 5:03 AM, Olympic260 said:

It seems that you are missing the fonts as Tom worte. Try repairing through the installer, if this does not work open a ticket to support.precisionmanuals.com.

To use the installer for a repair, run the installer as admin and select repair.  Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now