Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Ive messed up tower view

After taking months to install a fresh copy of FS9 and loads of scenery I have just found that my default tower view seems to have changed to about +190 feet above the ground, meaning at nearly every airport the camera view is now behind a building and you cannot see the aircraft.

I can go to ALT menu and go into maps and reset to a higher elevation manually, but I have to do this every time I load the game as it resets back. I have no idea why it has done this and I do not edit airports so it can only be via a global setting, active camera or autower etc...

I have done the general checks like saving a new default flight and rebuilding FS9.CFG but all to no avail.

Any ideas what else I can try as its quite frustrating having to change this view every time I load a new flight?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

it can only be via a global setting, active camera or autower etc...

There's your answer. Try disabling active camera and then autower to find the culprit, then adjust the settings in whichever one needs it.

Just move the ActiveCamera2004.dll file out of the Modules folder and then launch FS2004.

When you've done your checks and closed FS2004, move it back into the Modules folder.