Sign in to follow this  
503Kento

VoxATC and BVAI

My understanding of how Vox generates AI traffic is that is will use whatever AI model you have installed.  With this in min, in installed BVAI hoping for some greater model diversity in what Vox generates. 

I know that BVAI (http://bvai.bvartcc.com/) is really just for Vatsim but I thought that just having the models would make Vox use them.  However, that does not seem to be the case. When I run the Vox indexer, I can see it reading the models it just won’t seem to use them.

Anyone else tried this? What other file/config would I need to get Vox to use these models?

Edited by 503Kento
Added BVAI link

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

BVAI is only useful if one creates flight plans for all those models. It is designed for Vatsim. You could go to the AIG forums, download individual flight plans for each airline and try manually matching the paints, but that's a lot more trouble than using AIFP, which automates the process.

Thanks Jay, I’ve looked at AIFP but didn’t really grasp how to get started. I’ll look at it more closely. 

Kent

6 hours ago, 503Kento said:

Thanks Jay, I’ve looked at AIFP but didn’t really grasp how to get started. I’ll look at it more closely. 

The best way to start is to pick one airline. I'd suggest Southwest, since it only flies Boeing 737 models. First go to the FAIB website and download the various B737 models. Install those models in their own folder. I use:

<drive:>\AIG AI\SimObjects\FAIB

Next, from AIG download the Southwest Airlines zip file from AIG for Summer 2017. Run AIFP, set the correct sim version and open the zipped SWA flightplan file.

Here's a video tutorial that will help you will the installation. It's not easy to do at first, but once you get the hang of it, the process is addictive and the results are far better than any of the payware AI solutions. When I was first learning AIFP, it took me about a month (on and off at my leisure) to do all North American commercial traffic. Of course that also gives you a lot of international traffic to and from Europe, SA and Asia.

Very helpful, thanks so much for your help Jay!

Kent

Thanks again for the direction on this Jay.  I’ve got SW set up and see Vox creating traffic with the SW fleet. :gaul:

I see what you mean about it being a little addicting. Alaska is next on my list. 

Kent