Sign in to follow this  
uncle_piano

Extreme flight behavior with PMDG 747 v3 & ASN

3 hours ago, uncle_piano said:

Hello all, has anyone run into this problem?

https://youtu.be/BRaqc1Bmhhw

Euhm... maybe a little dark to see anything? 

Have you set the ASN options according to the 747 introduction manual? ASN native settings might make aerobatics happen..

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Euhm... maybe a little dark to see anything? 

Have you set the ASN options according to the 747 introduction manual? ASN native settings might make aerobatics happen..

Sorry about the darkness. I am wondering if there's any way to adjust gamma in FSX.

Yes I did. Also tried further reducing turbulence effect with no luck.

Edited by uncle_piano

2 hours ago, uncle_piano said:

Yes I did. Also tried further reducing turbulence effect with no luck.

Reduce the turbulence effects to below 30%, all sliders not just one that deal with updrafts/downdrafts/tubulence etc.  My typical setting is 25%.  This is required because of the unrealistic implementation of turbulence in the FDE engine.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Reduce the turbulence effects to below 30%, all sliders not just one that deal with updrafts/downdrafts/tubulence etc.  My typical setting is 25%.  This is required because of the unrealistic implementation of turbulence in the FDE engine.

Hi. Thank you for the suggestions. I normally leave mine at 20% since I mainly fly FsPassengers. 

And uncheck enhanced turbs... all im all there are 3 or 4 options that have to be reduced..

Oh and of course flying with a that advanced addon like PMDG (or others) you will have to switch off all of those little failures that come with FSP. It‘s not compatible with the addons‘ systems and this could also lead to strange behaviour.

20 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Oh and of course flying with a that advanced addon like PMDG (or others) you will have to switch off all of those little failures that come with FSP. It‘s not compatible with the addons‘ systems and this could also lead to strange behaviour.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely look into FsP settings. As far as ASN settings, I sill get that issue with almost everything off...

Could you please make sure that all your realism sliders are fully right... this actually doesn‘t look like ab ASN issue.. but I have never seen this before. Beside the realism settings it could also be a problem with simconnect not correctly interpreting the values... 

also if you have a registered version of FSUIPC: could you remove it temporarily from your modules folder and check if this solves it? It really looks  like nothing I have ever seen.. a little like slew mode..

On 4/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, Ephedrin said:

Could you please make sure that all your realism sliders are fully right... this actually doesn‘t look like ab ASN issue.. but I have never seen this before. Beside the realism settings it could also be a problem with simconnect not correctly interpreting the values... 

also if you have a registered version of FSUIPC: could you remove it temporarily from your modules folder and check if this solves it? It really looks  like nothing I have ever seen.. a little like slew mode..

Slew mode is exactly what I thought when I first encountered this issue LOL.

And yeah, all realism settings maxed out, simconnect version 10.0.62615, and I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, I'm running it unregistered.

This issue suddenly started to happen less than a month ago and I did not change anything software or hardware wise. Before that I have been running ASN and FsPassengers fine for months. The only change I recall was an update to the 747 v3. Could it be that?

2 hours ago, uncle_piano said:

The only change I recall was an update to the 747 v3. Could it be that?

Unlikely as there are no other complaints... but I as a non-developer can‘t say it definitely of course. I would file a support ticket and ask the experts for help.. I really have no idea except a simconnect reinstal.

31 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Unlikely as there are no other complaints... but I as a non-developer can‘t say it definitely of course. I would file a support ticket and ask the experts for help.. I really have no idea except a simconnect reinstal.

I will try a newer version of SimConnect and see if that helps. I already submitted tickets to both PMDG and HIFI. PMDG suggests FsPassengers to be the cause while HIFI says they're going to investigate.

On 4/10/2018 at 12:44 AM, uncle_piano said:

I will try a newer version of SimConnect and see if that helps. I already submitted tickets to both PMDG and HIFI. PMDG suggests FsPassengers to be the cause while HIFI says they're going to investigate.

Was there any solution? Why was this happening?

Something similar just happened to me with default aircraft. When I start take off roll the aircraft suddenly starts to flip to the right and ends up doing something similar as yours. This only happens when ASP4 is on. Without it it doesn't happen.

Please log onto the HiFi support portal (http://support.hifitechinc.com) and log a support ticket, be sure to copy the URL from this forum post and include it in the ticket request. Please upload your AS_P3Dv4_Log_Export.txt (ASP4->Logs) to start with and we will have a look at that.

Thank you,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/