Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

how can i start always in the default mode?

hi, i would like to know if there is a way to start always in the default mode (engines running, ready to take off) and not in dark and cold mode. maybe an .ini or .cfg file? or maybe automatically from the cdu? thank you

Nikos Kasimatis

1 hour ago, thenikos said:

hi, i would like to know if there is a way to start always in the default mode (engines running, ready to take off) and not in dark and cold mode. maybe an .ini or .cfg file? or maybe automatically from the cdu? thank you

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please note they ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

As discussed in the Introduction, you do not want to make the PMDG aircraft the default for you simulator (FSX or P3D??).  What you can do is select the aircraft from the Free Flight or Scenario Setup (depending on which platform you have) and select a location then save it.  Every time you select the aircraft from the airplane or vehicle list it should load engines running.  If not, then you have assigned a different default panel state to load on startup.  That option is explained also in the Introduction.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think you meant saving your Panel State?.. If that’s what you want, go to the PMDG 747 documentation and look in your Introduction manual, Page 70. It tells your there what you need to do to save your panel state.

Pablo Vazquez

Edited by Pablo Vazquez

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

hi,

thanks pablo, i didn't mean saving the currect state but loading everytime the same state.

you was right :) 

STARTUP STATE: This prompt allows you select a saved panel state that you would like the simulation to use as your default panel condition every time the simulation is launched. For example, if you were to select a Cold and Dark scenario as the STARTUP STATE for the airplane, you will be presented with that cold and dark panel state whenever and wherever you choose to load the PMDG 747.

page 72 of the manual. i was too "blind" to see it :)

downscc - i have noticed many people saying "use your real name". but in my profile page i cant see where to put my real name :) actually not ... even you have your real name :) i use the username thenikos. where is the field to put my real name? (am i again too blind to see it??? ) :) :) :) 

thank you both very much

Nikos Kasimatis

25 minutes ago, thenikos said:

hi,

thanks pablo, i didn't mean saving the currect state but loading everytime the same state.

you was right :) 

STARTUP STATE: This prompt allows you select a saved panel state that you would like the simulation to use as your default panel condition every time the simulation is launched. For example, if you were to select a Cold and Dark scenario as the STARTUP STATE for the airplane, you will be presented with that cold and dark panel state whenever and wherever you choose to load the PMDG 747.

page 72 of the manual. i was too "blind" to see it :)

downscc - i have noticed many people saying "use your real name". but in my profile page i cant see where to put my real name :) actually not ... even you have your real name :) i use the username thenikos. where is the field to put my real name? (am i again too blind to see it??? ) :) :) :) 

thank you both very much

You need to sign your real name below each post or put it in your signature block. "downscc" or Dan has it in his signature. If you don't see it I presume you might be from a  mobile browser.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

mmm i didnt find downscc, but i found signature. i put my real name there. i hope i did it right :) and i use chrome browser from my computer. thanks

Nikos Kasimatis

4 minutes ago, thenikos said:

mmm i didnt find downscc, but i found signature. i put my real name there. i hope i did it right :) and i use chrome browser from my computer. thanks

Thank you. Καλή ανάσταση 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The default startup is with engines running ready to fly, however if you change the panel state and then save it the next startup will be the saved panel state, to avoid this do not save panel state when exiting sim and your good to go. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg